12.17.2019

Sunday's Cards

 Lee has a warm & cozy what do you do indoors when its snowing outside challenge and the answer is drink coffee and make cards. So, I dug out this new Unity Stamps Joy to go and colored it real quick with some waterbased markers and paired it with this Impression Obsession sentiment.

 This week's featured stamper is Lisa who has this card I love with the holly peeking in from the edges so, to make changes ( I knew I had these Penny Black reds & greens diecuts already watercolored ) So, I gathered up 3 of them and cut one apart to cluster all the leaves and berries into the center to drape over the embossed sentiment. (Honey Bee stamps)

 A closer look at the leaves and berries, done with some kuretake watercolors on Neenah tarragon cardstock diecuts.

 Now Kelly has a do one unique snowflake on the project challenge so, after hemming and hawing about it all weekend I finally decided to add a sentiment to this one and glue it to a card base, the Colorado Craft co. snowflake was stamped with some warm breeze pigment ink on the printed paper and then I went over all the blues with a clear wink of stella pen and outlined some places where I think there would be shadows with a white gel pen.

Misti had one of the Mini (Nov) challenges to do a winter bird watching card and So, I knew I had this old Elyzbells Christmas window stamp that had not seen ink in many years and I did it more or less as a self portrait ha ha. ( I did make the bird red though and we do not have Cardinals here where I live) there is also a bit of Snowtex for texture and the sentiment is from the Hero Arts Holiday tags & die set. I have been fighting with a head ache for a couple of days now so, I have not done anymore of the VSN challenges again yet but, I did get my table cleaned off yesterday after work.
That's about it from me, thanks for stopping by.

No comments: