12.06.2019

Watercolored Holly Tags

On the second day of the 12 Tags of Christmas being hosted by Ellen Hutson, 
I came across this gorgeous Holly Tag by Sandy Allnock and gasp'ed out loud. ( seriously ) It just made me stop in my tracks first thing in the morning seeing that in my In-box before work and made me want to come home as fast as I could and watercolor all the holly I could get my hands on. And Yes, I do have the same Mondo Holly stamp set she used but, I just wanted to play not totally case Sandy's tag so, this is where my brain lead me.

 This is a diecut on watercolor paper with the Memory Box silverdale branch (leaf and berries cluster) die, I did watercolor this with some Kuretake gansai tanbi watercolors. It is on a cream cardstock Reverse Confetti Stitched hex tag and tied it off with some really old May Arts ribbon and some hemp string.


but, that paint all the leaves and berries continued, I tend to do two or three or four things when I watercolor because, I am leaving drying time space between the colors, so I may do leaves on one then leaves on another and so on and then start in on the berries of the first one. ( because patience is still not my virtue) :) at any rate this one is some Neenah cut with a My Favorite Things Tall tag duo die with a Penny Black red's and green's (leaves and berries die I am not seeing it in the store its an older die) colored with the same watercolors. the Sentiment on this one is from the Mama Elephant holiday messages set on a Avery Elle party tag die with some distress old paper ink rubbed over it to make it not so white with some old SU sheer ribbon and hemp string.
Thanks for being such an inspiration Sandy, & tfl. 

No comments: