12.10.2019

A few More Christmas cards

 I recently received that Simon Says stamp kit with the gnomes in the mail and I did spend some time Saturday afternoon chopping up scraps and building a few of these guys. The water colored diecuts I did a a week or so ago while Tim was cooking dinner on the island in the kitchen. ( so not as much light as upstairs) and I have this basket going of unfinished objects which makes it handy for gluing quick last minute simple cards. ( IE ones I do not have to stand in line at the PO to mail haha)

 A couple more leaves, the one on the left is my favorite. I just love how that batch of those leaves turned out color wise and want to do some more of those. soon, before I forget the colors.

 The gnome with the curly hat is the one that is called the large one that is sold by it self. the one with the curved hat is smaller and in the kit. The buttons on some hats came out of the IO snowman accessories die set, ( I have a pile of snowman parts and pieces also piled on the table)
 I think these are just so cute and they are fairly easy to build too. Tim thinks they are odd because, they have no face expression and I was like I think gnomes are all about the beard haha.
at any rate I did the beards and nose from watercolor paper and then the rest of the pieces from plain scraps. so that does have a smidge more depth to it.

 Now these, hmph the backgrounds were done a year or two ago and I had added some color to some embossed panels. and I set them aside, I like the colors but. they were just so busy. and then When I was chopping up paper to go behind the gnomes I thought well just chop them up they could look better smaller. and they do but, at first I just had skinny sentiments on them and they were too plain so, then I thought well they need a Pop of something for a focal point and these snowflakes and flowers came out of that bucket of UFO's. ( Tim suggested snow and I was thinking poinsettias but, the flowers I have cut were not the right size and I was in a hurry so, I actually like the snow ones better ha ha, who would have thought?)

 Did the quilt top last year some time when I made a pile of those and set this one and the one below aside for later. the texture panel behind it came from Micheals and these are both 5 1/2" square.

 this one I could see the edges of the panel the quilt top was glued to and it annoyed me enough to try to trim it with scissors and then I made it crooked so, I spent a bunch of time digging in a scrap bin for a color to be similar enough for the mat.

Now this one was done as something silly because, Kim has a VSN snowglobe challenge to do either a someone making snow angels or an angel card. and I knew I had this old Viva Las Vegas frog so, out he came and the sentiment is from Mama Elephant and the lace is vintage. And he is also A2.
I am going to try to get ahead of some of these blog posts and start scheduling some to appear and clean out my to be uploaded folder before the end of the year, hope you want to see more soon. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Sharon Madson said...

These are all so nicely done, Stacy.

Susie Williams said...

They all fabulous Stacy. It looks like you had lots of fun making them. Merry Christmas Chickie.