12.15.2019

VSN {so far}

The winter theme for this round of VSN is Snow Globe You can find all the challenges here



Sonja has a challenge based on playing golf in the snow where your card needed to have a circle element and mostly white with a pop of color. So, I used this Simon Says Stamp CZ designs ho ho deer circle die (twice) the red was a cut with a scrap and then I tied on the sentiment ( deer delivery set) tag with some iridescent may arts cord. This one finished out at 3 1/2" Square in real life.

 Lee has a build a snowglobe challenge and so, I started with a piece of Neenah cut with the My Favorite Things tall snow dome die and then cut a second piece for the base ( to be thicker) from kraft. I used some of the stamps from the Great outdoors set from Tim Holtz in various shades of versafine claire,  rubbed some antique linen and vintage photo distress oxide inks along the edges, stamped off the sentiment from the Memory Box tidings wreath set & tied it on with some Burlap string. the dome is up on foam pop dots over the pre made Impress card base.
 Lisa has a white on white challenge, so I probably should have left off the sentiment but, I do like how this turned out so it was a fun simple card the woodgrain frame is from the Hero Arts nested set, its up on foam pop dots, the Church was cut from the Simon Says Stamp churches set and the sentiment is from the Memory Box tidings wreath set.

Lydia has a challenge that was a real thinking/over thinking one for me to do a holiday card with Bright happy yellow.  So I cut this star from the pale yellow ( scrap ) of cardstock ran it through its matching embossing folder and then swiped some clean brush marker in a brighter color into the debossed parts ( after dark with every light in the room on) and I still could not really see the yellows but, I knew my hand went out of the holes a few times so, I grabbed some "close enough" offray yellow ribbon and tied that sentiment ( Tim Holtz the great outdoors) on around the center to distract from that.
 
Now Melody has a build a snowman challenge ( you are not allowed to use your stamps for that) and so, I know I have seen this before so also knowing I have tons of buttons I decided to go this route. after it was shot I did trim the hemp string from the bottom and top buttons a little closer to the buttons leaving the center like it was to mimic arms. the scarf is some glittery fiber yard, and I cut the hat with scissors and put it up on foam pop dots to get it closer to the thickness of the buttons. The sentiment is from Hero Arts ( its really old) and the DCWV corrugate was cut with a Mama Elephant tags a lot die. That's it so far from me, I am hoping to do a few more of them later today. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: