12.08.2019

Joy Deer Tag

This is from a few weeks ago when Susan was Featured Stamper and I came across this card here of hers. And I was in make all the tags mode so, change #1 was to make a tag and not a card, I also went with diecut deer (Hero Arts fancy Deer & Ornament die) instead of stamps.

 I cut this top layer from Strathmore Canvas paper and colored it with some distress oxide inks, and then used some almost dry markers for shading. The tiny Joy sentiment is also from Hero Arts in the Hero Greetings Christmas Messages set.

I did end up using a marker to draw on some shadows also after this was glue together, and although I used "clear drying" liquid glue what I find is that if you slide something "into place" the glue dries where ever it hits and it acts as a resist. I really like the texture the canvas paper makes and the softness of these colors so, I think this is something I will be doing more of sooner or later. thanks for stopping by.

No comments: