12.06.2019

Inspired By {MacKenzie-Childs}

This week Julie has us peeking at MacKenzie-Childs for inspiration. believe it or not I have not ever heard of this brand before so, it was fun to see especially the pops of black and white checks and harlequin patterns. and the more I looked the more I kept coming back to this Holly Peppermint stick sprig.
 At any rate I think my card does not really look that much like the sprig but, I had at the time when I started this card a pile of some embossed pieces of cardstock that came from tools I have collected over the years and not given much love to.  I am not sure why as I love how the textured panels look on other peoples projects. ( yes, I DO own two baskets of these things ) and so, I am playing around with them. The main focal leaves and berries are from Sizzix BigZ Holly & Berries #2 set (this is a die and an embossing folder) but, for a one piece thing like what I did here, I had embossed first and then water colored this a little and then cut it out with scissors. ( the die cuts the pieces that you can lay in the embossing folder and have a little pile of leaves and berries all cut individually from each other) I did go over the leaves and berries completely with clear wink of stella as the I wanted the sparkle. The sentiment is from the Penny Black set called Sweetest Moments set, its been diecut with a Simon Says Stamp wonky stitched rectangle die and the background is another old Embossing folder this one from Cuttlebug called Holly & ribbon. I had rubbed some green ink over the leaves on this and then added some stickles glitter glue to the berries. I did wrap some old May Arts check ribbon around the panel every where there was a "ribbon" texture. for a nod to the check leaves.
This card finished out at A7 in real life.

The image source for this holly can be found here. You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: