11.29.2019

Inspired by {Christmas Ornaments} A pinterest board

Welcome to my favorite weekend of the year. 4 days off in a row with no adult supervison haha.
This is when I take the time to start messing around with Christmas card designs for me to mail out personally. Yes, a few of what  I have shared here over the last year is still in my studio waiting to go out to special people but, a whole bunch of it went to the Shepherds Market booth last weekend
 and are gone on to please the people who bought them and who will receive them.
 So, these designs become what I think of as Play Time cards for me.  I break out all the last minute stamp sets I collected that there was just not enough time to play with them as of yet sets.
Prototypes of what I may do a few more of to mail out.

A few years ago when I first joined the Inspiration team it was more common to see the Inspiration head to Pinterest than it has been lately and I had started this Ornaments collection board in hopes of using it for a challenge some day. Someday turned out to be today, and its particularly appropriate as in my family the tradition is to start decorating for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving.


 When I found the ornament seen below I thought it looked so much like this new snowflake stamp to me. This is a new to me company to buy from called Colorado Stamp Co winter wishes set. This is an A2 sized card and I ended up offsetting the snowflake image to save some space for a sentiment. ( Hero Arts Holiday  Tags stamp & die set ) I did reverse the colors and there is also some clear wink of stella on the snowflake along with a glitter cardstock base ( Micheal's) to add a little oomph to what is really a flat card. the stamped panel was die cut with a wonky stitched rectangle die from Simon Says Stamp.

 The image source for this Wedgwood 2019 snowflake can be found here.

Now this was done inspired by this Wreath ornament seen below, I loved the depth and texture of the wreath and I have been trying to make it a challenge to my self to keep more of my cards flatter so I can mail out more of them ha ha. So, I started with the Cuttlebug holly branch folder and some Cream neenah cardstock. I did then faux watercolor some marker over the raised parts of the cardstock and then rubbed on some Distress Oxide antique linen and Vintage photo inks around the edges. the whole thing was misted with water and I was really not pleased with the leaves so, I ended up adding some shadows with a clean brush marker and scribbled some texture on them with a pencil. I like the colors of this and think I may try this one again with maybe watercolor paper and some watercolor pencils. (  not sure yet, still over thinking that plan)
The image source for this Holly Wreath can be found here at Macy's.
You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us, thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A beautiful post Stacy, you've combined everything I love at the moment. Offsetting stamps and Christmas ornaments it's a match made in heaven to me.
Both beautiful cards, I hope you are enjoying your 4 day weekend have fun with all that creative time. Hugs Tracey xx