11.05.2019

A catch up post

 So, the Fallidays challenges have started at Splitcoaststampers and one from yesterday from Lori is to create a set of 6 holiday tags. These were done using theSizzix BigZ L Die Card, Tag by Stephanie Ackerman which cuts a folding in the top tag that is large enough to hold a gift card.
(It's probably the most used tag die in my room) I did run the top flap of the tag through a cuttlebug folder called wicker weave and then added on the Taylored Expressions P.S. You're Welcome sentiments to that.

 The first fallidays tutorial is a twin pocket purse, and the pockets are big enough for a note ( tucked into the front pocket here) a tea bag, a gift card little flat things. It is supposed to close with a velcro dot and I ordered some that will be here in a day or two. I decided to outsmart my self to see how hard it was to do this fold ( I usually kill lots of paper doing things like this the first time) and so, for this I dug all these papers out of a scrap bin ( after dark) hoping it didn't look too off in the light of day and this is actually a first attempt for me. So, I will be making more of these with a better eye towards the color and paper weights. (the printed paper the pockets are here was some really heavy weight almost cardstock weight paper so, the pockets are pretty stiff in this one.)

 This was done jump started by the October prompt for the Split coast dirty dozen Christmas cards.
The gnome is from Stamping Bella and the sentiment is from Avery Elle's naughty or nice set. the background is a Altenew plaid A cover die over the top of some printed check paper.

Now this was done inspired by this pretty card in Claudette's gallery when she was featured stamper.
The main image is from Paper Inspirations (dance of the butterflies) heat embossed on the alcohol inked background and the sentiment is from the Mama Elephants birthday messages set.
The piece the stamped panel is matted to is an old acrylic paint brayer sheet. what I clean my brayer off on piece that I had chopped up for some other challenge a while back so, the colors looked good to me when I was putting this together and it was one of those almost everything but the kitchen sink cards when I listed all the things for the gallery write up haha.

I am going to be working on and off on the falliday's challenges as they happen making things for the booth mainly I think. It's a handy little jump start for me when I feel frazzled for someone to say here try this. and you just do it without over thinking it too much. That's about it from me, thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Janice M said...

Hello!! LOVE those tags!! That's a die I might actually get some use out of? So glad that I stopped by your blog as I hadn't realized that Fallidays was happening this year! Always enjoy those challenges. Trying to get back into blogging and challenges again had taken a bit of a break. Glad to see your still doing cards and your fall/Christmas show! I'll try to stop by and visit more often!