11.15.2019

A vellum Holiday

 Today one of the challenges that has gone live is Kia's use vellum on a holiday card seen here. and one thing I have loved the look of forever with vellum is to heat emboss with white powder on it. So, I dug out this (it's a well loved vintage stamp) from Outlines and stamped and heat embossed it 4 times real quick on some Papertrey ink vellum cardstock. ( I only ended up using three of them on this card so, I do have one set aside for later to use. a long time ago someone shared "clear" foam pop dots and I bought a pack way back when and finally opened it for this. so, that is what is in the between layers. The sentiment on this is from the Mama Elephant holiday messages set. the lined Bazzill I wanted a piece of it to use as a topper on one of the twin pocket purses I made earlier so, I tried to line up the rectangle ( ODBD) double stitched die into the center of this scrap so that I would have the drop piece as a frame for something else. So, I did switch the base to a different bazzill texture to peek through and behind the snowflake layers.

A closer look at the layered snow. I know you can click on these photos here to have them open larger and then just use your browsers back button to continue reading. That's about it from me this morning, I have little piles going on of the other challenges I want to try over the next little while and will be doing more here and there. thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Linda Matthews said...


This snowflake is beautiful, Stacy. I wouldn't have thought about using vellum. :)