11.30.2019

Black & White Snowfall

 On "Black Friday" Polly's mixed media challenge was to make a black and white card where the only other color could be the sentiment on the piece. and I kept thinking about this pretty much all day as I had this sheet of plaid paper out to be used for a card for the neighbor. ( He had a hip replacement this last week and he must have a stack of these flannel shirts in this color/pattern)  and then I decided I could watercolor around this snowflake embossed panel (Sizzix snowflake & plaid set.) with some black mission gold paint. and I ended up with a lot of shades of grey haha. This was diecut with a Simon Says Stamp wonky stitched rectangle die.

 The mixed media comes in where the first thing I had done was I used a gel pen to draw shadows under the snow, which acted like a resist for the paint and ended up gone on the dry piece, I did add more white and stardust gel pen over the whole thing when it was dry and the snowflakes that look more white have Snow tex on them. ( they look much better in person)

I think if you click on these photos it should enlarge them, the snowflake in the center I used some white shimmery kuretake paint on it and it ended up more of a silvery color than a shimmery white.
The sentiment was stamped with some satin red versafine on the tag diecut its from the Mama Elephant holiday messages set. There is some black hemp string and May Arts Irridescent cord on this. This one finished out at 6" square in real life. Thanks for stopping by, not sure yet if this will actually go to the neighbor I am waiting to see what hubs reaction to it is.

1 comment:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I did smile about the plaid shirt as it always reminds me of lumberjack shirts too. The colour and design makes for a smashing male card but versatile enough to suite any gender. Your snowflake centre piece is divine and the red stamped words sets it all off a treat. Another fabulous creation Stacy, you really are enjoying every moment this weekend. Tracey xx