5.29.2019

WOYWW # 521 {floor}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 
 So, this is an Ahhhh moment. There are no more dvd cases of cling mounted stamps from the dresser needing sorting on the floor in the walkway. There still are a few more boxes of wood mounted stamps I want to pull apart but, I am taking a break from that for the next little while.
I did sort through those ink pads and put them kinda sorta into color rows. and the ones I pulled out are in a pile on top of the file cabinet while I think about if I want to keep any of them.

 what the desk looked like when I got home Tuesday afternoon, messing around cutting those Tim Holtz skinny lace dies on Monday night. ( I did use wax paper) but, it seems that they do not cut the edges of the die so, if when you are carrying it from the machine to your table the die falls of, it will tear the edges of the "lace" and really give it that I am old and fraying thing ha ha.

so, the top two I cut with scissors and the bottom three tore out of the sheets of cardstock and "un raveled" That's about it from me, I totally cannot believe it's Wednesday again already. I would totally love a do-over of a 3 day weekend too. Thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It's a shame that those lace dies are such a pain to cut as the results are really pretty - I bet you'll use them in all sorts of ways. Well done on reaching that sorting out milestone too, you're doing a grand job!!
Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacey, great job to have finished the sorting, if only for now. Love that lace, they are lovely dies. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #7 X

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Stacy, good job you can't see me as I have guilt on my face because I see you using those dies which I have had for a while and still not got out of the packet. Love the idea of letting bits break off the lace to give it a grungy look. It might have been an accident but I love it. Happy woyww and thanks for the lovely comment over at mine. Angela x17x

Caro said...

Gorgeous dies - shame they are such a pain to work with. I am impressed with the number of ink pads you have and your organisation. Happy WOYWW! Love & God Bless, Caro x (#15)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I saw one or two of those lace dies last week at Helen's blog. She had trouble with them, too. If they are such a pain, they should be modified by the company, NOT you. However, the results are lovely.

I had to laugh that you might be getting rid of stamp pads. I have exactly SEVEN stamp pads. Truly! And I am glad you got your stamps together properly, but I would NEVER get rid of wood mounts, because I'm not a very good stamper and feel the wood adds to my ability to stamp. I like how your stamp pads are hung, though. Happy WOYWW from #1.

Helen said...

Interesting that the lace strip dies also cut poorly... I had such a fight with my lace die (as Elizabeth has remembered) I expect I will use it now I have the "sandwich" right - as long as i don't forget it. have a great week. Helen #3

Heather M said...

Hi Stacy, you are far more patient than me with those dies. If they are too fiddly I just won't use them. I don't have much patience with die cutting. Although it's a bit better since I bought the Gemini. Well done on the organising - I think that's one of my favourite bits of crafting - organising all the supplies lol. Gives me 'thinking' time.... to come up with ideas to make stuff. Have a lovely week Heather x #11

Sarah Brennan said...

The lace die cuts are very pretty and worth persevering with Stacy. Well done on finishing the first lot of sorting, it looks very organised and you deserve a break from it. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #12

Neet said...

It's good that you have done so much tidying up of things and hopefully, after your break, you can get on and finish it off. You are so organised!
Love the blog header - when did it change?
Those lace pieces are lovely, shame they are a pain to cut. I'd save them for special projects and give up on them for general use - but that is me - not a lot of patience when it comes to dies that don't cut well.
Hugs, Neet xx 7

Diana Taylor said...

You've done a great job with your sorting, what a satisfying feeling it is! I love the lace dies but they do sound fiddly to use - I have one or two dies that don't cut well and although with a lot of messing about I can eventually get a clean cut, I'm put off using them - probably because I'm impatient and don't want to faff around!
I'm sure you'll find lots of uses for those lovely pieces.
Have a great week,
Diana x #18

Lindart said...

Those lace dies are so pretty, but I probably wouldn't have the patience to pop out all those tiny pieces! I am also in the midst of removing my stamps from the woodmounts, it's a big job! Thanks for your visit, have a great week, Lindart #30