5.26.2019

A few challenge cards

 A week or two ago there was a sketch challenge that came out around the same time I seen the theme of this months Dirty Dozen Christmas card challenge and I combined them both with this card. The wee on reindeer is from whiff of joy and the sentiment is from Stampin up. This finished out at 6" square in real life.

 This last week the clean and simple challenge was to not use coloring mediums on the project. so, you could use papers or what not that had color on its own. and I had these two newish dies on the table. the wood frame is from Hero Arts and where you see the texture, its a cut line not embossing, so when the frame comes out of the die you can see daylight through it and have to smoosh it all together when gluing. the shirt is the larger size in the set of dress shirt dies from Paper Smooches. the sentiments are from the Mama Elephant Birthday greetings set. These are glued to a hero arts A2 card base.

This week's featured stamper is Joanne who has a beautiful gallery filled with quilts and flowers and really pretty cards. I spent a long time going back and forth with ideas and finally decided on this thinking of you card of hers because, I hardly ever use circles and I started with this double sided carta bella spring market paper and then I realized her card uses a sketch so, I did try really hard to keep it to the lines and I did mix lots of mfg's to build this off of that paper. The sentiments are from the casual fridays tag you're it set done with some versafine clair shady lane ink. the stitched circle is from Memory box, the chain link circle frame is a MFT die, the flowers are all from the Simon Says stamp modern flowers die set. I did embed those and added some prima watercolors and a little pink stickles over the petals. the white dots were done with some White nuvo drops and this one finished out at 6" square in real life.

No comments: