5.10.2019

Inspired by {Great big Canvas}

This week Angie has chosen for us to go hunting for inspiration inside the Great Big Canvas site
and I seen so many wonderful things but, I am still working on a custom birthday card order and knowing that I typed in Ballet for the heck of it into the search box and stopped at the Degas print seen below because of the colors and textures of it.

 This gal is from the 49 & Market set called Gabi's Haute Couture She was stamped twice on some Neenah Solar White and colored mainly with pencils, the skin has some copic marker under the pencil shading and there is also some Glitter stardust pen and white gel pen over the pencil also. the sentiment is from the Avery Elle sending you set die cut with a Simon Says Stamp bundle of stitched shapes tag die. It's tied on with some vintage ric rac onto the green tulle.

 Instead of doing multiple dancers I did one colored twice in a similar way, cut one up and popped it up over the first with foam pop dots. The white gel pen dries with a slight texture to it, I had considered taking a gold kyrlon pen and making a puddle and dripping in some gold too but, I ran out of time messing with this. I might still do it later but, usually if I shoot something I tend to call it "good enough"

 The painting has so much texture that for a background I used a gelli print done with acrylic paints on some cream mulberry/handmade paper that was not quite 6" so, I cut in half on the diagonal and pushed it to the corners to peek out around the stamped panel. the stencil used on this one was a Hero Arts wave one that came in a Mermaid kit last year. ( I think they added this to the catalog after)
A peek at the painting I chose for the jump start. ( you can find it here inside the store) and you can find this challenge here at SCS to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Sharon Madson said...

Amazing, Stacy!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Perfection!

Kia's Place said...

Stunning plus plus Stacy. Absolutely love this.