5.24.2019

Inspired by {Ballard Designs}

This week Brenda has directed our attention towards the Ballard Designs store.
Of which I am a past customer and everything I have from them is holding up well and I have had each piece for years now. so, I ended up down the rabbit hole window shopping for my house for a while and eventually clicked on this blanket to see what the texture looked like up close because, I do not think I have ever noticed bamboo linens in a store where I could touch them in person before and my attention was snagged by the print of poppies on the wall in the staged room shot. and I wasted a lot of time trying to figure out how to get a decent size mug shot of that art... and then I seen the write up in the challenge thread and seen that ha ha they sell that print as art. really, some days it really is that big of a struggle.

 At any rate, what I decided looking at it was that it looked water colored and so, I stamped the SU pleasant poppies background twice masking the first one and off setting the second stamping with some Distress old paper ( it has a greenish tint to it, so its easier to my eyes to see that over the antique linen with plant stamps) and I knew the pencils would cover it up. so, I colored this with some prisma & Polychromos pencils. and the whole time I was coloring I knew there were pale flowers and darker ones and just green, no blue skies or anything else. and I did end up using quite a few darker reds on some of these and when it was done. I had to laugh when I went back to look at the photo as it looks like some are leaning towards burgundy in the daylight. such is life.
The sentiment is from the My Favorite Things lots of hugs set. and this one finished out at A7 in real life.

You can find this print here in the store. and you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: