5.11.2019

Olivia's birthday {Inspired by Great big Canvas}

 This is my second card also inspired by a Degas print inside the big canvas site this week's Inspiration side and I did deliberately pick this one to do a pink version for Oliva's birthday working on a custom card order for her gpa. I had June call him when I first started doing this to find out what color her hair is and the answer was plain old brown. ( all the grand kids) so, I did give her a more brown hair with her pink gown. the background was done with some alcohol inks and I did squeak in some green but, its pretty subtle and still mostly mauve's and pinks so, I think (cross your fingers here) that Earl will be OK with that. He's pretty firm in the belief that ballerina's wear Pink. The top sentiment is from the Altenew birthday greetings set heat embossed on white with SU powder on a black scrap cut with a Waffle flower A7 rectangle die and the bottom letters were stamped with Versafine on Neenah and cut with scissors.

 Her skin was done with some copic markers that have since been refilled and has a little pencil over that, the skirt is polychromos and prisma pencils. done on some neenah solar white with versafine ink. and as it was blending it did streak a little but, I think that it just gives it a little more depth.

I totally grinned over the pose of this canvas, I stand like this all the time. You can find that here in their store and you can find this challenge here to play along. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Stacy, this is fabulous! You nailed the inspiration challenge, and I LOVE this image! Beautifully colored and just perfect with the finishing touches. I love ribbon and the photo corners. Stunning card! Hugs! xoxo