5.08.2019

WOYWW#518 {watercoloring}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 
 So, this was shot Tuesday as for what things looked like Monday night, and it still looks just like this.
(I had stolen some time Sunday to do something similar with a different floral stamp set and some mission gold watercolors for mothers day cards which I will probably get around to blogging after the holiday here) closest to the right is a pile of new stamps that were stamped off with versafine clair inks and are drying so, they will be put in to the I have stolen moments to color with pencils pile.

 The center has some QoR watercolors out with some aqua brushes because, I have been doing this just really simply, I do own real brushes and I was trying to hurry so, I didn't even bring up water dishes.
 Sometime I need to find some more mini clip boards or something for doing this as I tend to be annoyed with drying times so, I find it fairly easy to have more than one going on so, by the time you get back to the first one with what ever you tried, its dried and ready for more. these are some really large Simon Says Stamp flower cluster that looks like peonies (Beautiful Flowers 2 set) and they were heat embossed in white on the watercolor paper and I don't really know what other people do but, I tend to add some color to the outside the lines so I can see the lines. the other thing I do is pick these up in my hand and tilt them to have the lights catch on the embossed lines too.

Ooh, some happy mail came since the last time you were here. Found this photo in my phone. I did not actually use those sentiments for my mothers day cards because, I think they are more geared towards mom's that have young children still at home and I think they will be fun to use for that later but, they also did not fit into the design I did with the huge flowers. I still have one more new mom's day set coming that is not here yet the big floral with the cursive large sentiment from Honey Bee this year. So, it will be a next years card too. My son is home on leave at the moment and so, it's highly likely these flowers will be an ongoing thing for the next week ish or so because, it happens in smaller batches that I have time to come up here. Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, great stamps & die sets there. Love the white embossing, love how it stands out so much once some colour has been added. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #3 X

Julia Dunnit said...

Well that’s a ridiculously genius idea isn’t it...having those clipboards with the images on and working on one while another dries. Oh my smiling heart you just solved my watercolour miseries just like that. Blimey! And thank you! I think peonies are my favourites of all time, so will you please make a note to show us when painted. No hurry. Love that little Bella mug, what a cute image. Enjoy having your boy home, how lovely.

Caro said...

Love the use of the clipboards - brilliant, and thos stamps and die sets are lovely. Thanks for sharing. Happy WOYWW and have a great week. With love and God Bless, Caro x (#17)

Helen said...

great idea to use those clipboards. I want to see the peonies too please, I love them as well. Helen #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh yes! clipboards, brilliant idea. Loving the new stash too.Have a great woyww and a lovely crafty week too, Angela x15x

Sarah Brennan said...

Sorry for the belated comment, I went straight to bed after work yesterday feeling lousy. What a great tip about using small clipboards for watercolour paper Stacy. You have some great stamping and colouring going on there. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The clipboard idea is brilliant - simple and yet so effective! I think lots o fun have taken inspiration from that. You always have so much going on every week, it's so interesting to see what you're working on!! Hope you have a great time with your son while he's on leave!
Hugs LLJ 10 xxxx