5.27.2019

Floating Daisy Frames

There is a try a new technique challenge at Splitcoaststampers today that is to create floating die cut frames and I thought okay, it looks do-able and, I actually opened that box of press and seal I "had to have and have since forgotten why box" so, that made it a win-win thing. I didn't really have a clue what I wanted to do going into this but, I am also trying to at least play with some of the things in my studio I "had to have" that have also not been used yet and so, out came this stitched daisy flower die from Simon Says stamp.
I cut a pile of them from Neenah solar white and a scrap of Neenah columns yellow.
You can find the directions Sabrina wrote here in the challenge thread to try this for your self.
The whole time I was pushing around these flowers on the table I was trying to decide if I should cut some leaves too, and finally decided it would be an more CAS design if I did not.

 So the one on the left is the outside of the frame and the one on the right is the inside piece.
these are both finished out at 5 1/2" square. The sheer ribbon is unknown and I "think" that green printed paper is from My Minds Eye. ( I have had it a long time and it came out of a scrap bin)

 This one the pale green mat is Papertrey ink spring moss and was cut with a waffle flower lacy layers square die ( the largest one in the set) and the darker sentiment banner green is Old Olive from Stampin up. and was cut with the My Favorite things stitched sentiment banner die. Each and every one of those flowers is up on foam pop dots. The sentiment is from the SSS CZ good job mama set.

This was the center pieces, and I did pull that whole bloom up and consider using it on the other card but, it disrupted the "frame" shape from the center so, when I put it back on this piece of green printed paper, I think I spun it a little as the petals are not quite spaced how they were originally. I also did pitch a couple of slivers of petals that ended up right on the cut line, there was not enough of them to put foam dots under. So my aperture is a little off.  The sentiment on this one is from the Simon Says Stamp Daisy Bouquet set. One thing I thought of as I was doing this was you should check the Simon blog and see what their challenge was for today and I laughed and laughed to see it was "frame it" so, I decided it was fate and decided to cross link these to that challenge too. Thanks for these challenge ladies, & thanks for stopping by.

No comments: