9.03.2024

Watercoloring Quirky Birds

 This week Kia is sharing this video on a quirky bird seen here on YouTube. Called lets paint a quirky bird from Diane Antone Studios.

My first thought was, maybe do two birds facing each other as they could be having a snarky conversation. So, I did sketch two loose bird shapes in the notebook of Strathmore cotton watercolor paper I have and started a layer of paint leaving a large space for the eye.

first round of paint on the other bird.


a little more paint, including feet and plumage on the head for the bird on the right.

After that paint had dried I did dig out my watercolor pencils and added some of them to them.


 I remembered reading she thought her bird was mixed media because of the pencils but, I thought well you may as well add ink to the mix and I picked an Elegant writer pen as I know them to be water reactive and changing colors as the water mixes with the ink. 


a few white gel pen doodles joined the party here.


and it finished (remains) like so in the notebook. That's about it from me, if you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at SCS. thanks for stopping by





No comments: