9.06.2024

Inspired by {DIY Inspired}

 Happy Friday everyone, this week Julie has chosen the DIY inspired site as the inspiration challenge destination. They also have a collection of Pinterest boards here where I found this shot of hanging wreaths I think this was a wedding thing but, I cannot remember now and they have a bunch of joint boards. (where other people are all pinning things to the same board) 


I had recently pulled this Juniper set out from The Greetery a while back because, I was cutting trees and pine sprigs and thought I might cut some of these since I have not played with them as of yet and so, I also decided to use some Strathmore Mixed media paper as it will take a little water and its smooth. (thinner than good watercolor paper)


Which lead to cutting some pine branch sprigs also trying for a mix of needles into the wreath shape.


I started out giving the juniper sprigs a wash of Holbein Shadow green (right side) and the pine sprigs some Green Apatite Genuine.


the thing with the mixed media paper is the white tends to show through the paint and it takes a lot more paint darker to get something not so white so, I ended up adding some Jadite green over the top of the shadow green (right) and then some Undersea green over the apatite genuine.

When I started using some glue dots with the first round of sprigs on a piece of Hobby Lobby crepe paper I thought it had holes in the left and bottom sides so, I cut two more and added paint to them.I just trimmed that crepe paper in the paper trimmer not a die as I did not want it to lose its dimension and shape texture. 

I did end up backing that with some white washed wood grain print ( maybe Micheals?) maybe Hobby lobby ( its thin) and the natural hemp string is tied in a bow and then the drop pieces were tucked in to make it look like it was hanging from the top. I am not sure what I am going to do with this as of yet so, I left off the words but, I am leaning towards Christmas rather than say a wedding type card theme. That's about it from me, if you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at SCS. Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: