9.27.2024

Inspired by {Poster Store}

 This week Amy has chosen the Poster Store for the Inspiration site and I knew I wanted something quick and easy to do. So, I started looking at the Christmas section and came across this poster of the simple cup filled with gingerbread cookies and smiled. 


I did seriously dig out some Teacup dies and started eyeballing gingerbread stamps and dies and thought. I may come back to that idea later when there is more time and started poking around in stamps that I have not inked and found this Whipper Snapper Designs one called ginger in a mug appropriately enough haha.

Stamped it with some Morning mist versafine on Hot Press (smooth) watercolor paper and proceeded to paint it with some Daniel Smith paints.  I did add both some Windsor & Newton white gouache and Dr. PH Martins bleed proof white to the white places and then added a bit of grey fineliner pen to some nooks and crannies after the paint dried. This panel was cut with an Impression Obsession crazy stitched die and then inked along the edges with gathered twigs & walnut stain Distress Oxide Inks. the base here is a premade one that has that whole paperbag kraft thing going on. ( its thin) but, I am still working on using up all these premade card bases so, This one is also A2 in real life. The sentiment here is from the Impression Obsession set called Gingerbread kisses. That's about it from me, if you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at SCS. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: