8.31.2024

September Dirty Dozen Christmas

 It's that time again when the newest prompt for early Christmas cards is posted at Splitcoaststampers. here in the special forums set aside for Fan Club Members. And this month I did end up with two cards on this theme so far as when I first had an idea of what I might want to do I stared out with two scraps of different text printed papers. 


As an side note I had intended to do an A6 card with this Stamp and had cut the simple stories paper to fit that and then I was just messing around with this to see how it would look since it was a clear stamp I just layed the whole stamp over the paper and decided to go with the drop piece as it had words I thought that peeked through around the salt box homes well. 

Like so, and then I added some windsor & newton red watercolor paint to the heart and a little bit of stickles glitter glue to the parts of the homes where there was little dots like shadows. so this has a really subtle sparkle in spaces. 


So, It still became an A6 sized card. the brown scrap of cardstock is probably chocolate from PTI and the red print behind it all is Basic Grey. the base on this one is Kraft and the lace is vintage. I think that stitched ribbon may be May Arts but? I am really not sure anymore. The home printed layer is up on foam dots as that ribbon is kind of thick. The edges of this got some Vintage Photo DOX (of course right) :) 


 first layers of paint, this was stamped with some Versafine crimson ink.


And my thought about the loose larger script print was that if I could find a bloom big enough it would be really pretty with translucent watercolors over it. So, this is a Jumbo Poinsettia from Stampendous with an Hero Arts sentiment tied on that stitched tag. The bloom has both regular watercolors and shimmery gold. So, when the paints were dried I added some Stickles Opal liquid pearls to the center stamens smooshed them and then added a bit more on top of the first layer of pearls. I think the gingham ribbon is probably May Arts and the paper here was thinner and it did warp a bit so I did drag out the Vintage photo to add to the distressed vibe of it all. This one finished out at 6" square in real life. That's about it from me, Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: