9.17.2024

Watercoloring an Rainy Autumn Scene

 It's my turn to host the water coloring tutorial challenge at Splitcoaststampers this week and I have chosen this one from Marena Art watercolor Autumn Landscape girl under an umbrella. That you can see the video here on YouTube

I did not do anything fancy, just did a slight sketch of the girl & umbrella directly on the cold press Arches watercolor paper. This was cut to A6.

Did a slight layer of neutral tone and some clean water with a size 12 round brush, but the water splatters were just huge so after this was shot and viewed I did add a little more paint and smaller brush splatters and set it aside to dry.

So, I did add color to the skirt area (twice) some to the trees and the umbrella ( which I kept making larger and larger and really over worked this part. and I decided to walk away and let it dry to see if it was fix-able with another layer later. 


hopefully, this will add some more. but, I let it dry after this shot again also. I think I started with the colors too deep so, trying to add shadows to the ribs of the umbrella is not going well. 

So, the drop piece got the same style girl sketched on it and so it begins again.


 

neutral tint from Daniel Smith

I started out with a more watery shade of orange for the umbrella this time around.

Added some of the tint to the ribs of the umbrella.


Decided to use an Avery Elle postage die for a frame and was going to have this be A6 and then realized it was crooked so, that piece I cut away from the back of the fold of the card and started to trim that down closer to the edge of the postage and cut it crooked. So, out came some scissors to distress that edge. I decided that it needed more contrast for the next layer since it had more layers than Originally planed.

I did add the Dr. PH Martins bleed proof white for catchlights on the umbrella and I left off a sentiment since, I am not sure what I am going to do with this as of yet. If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers. Thanks for stopping by.







No comments: