9.30.2024

October Dirty Dozen Christmas Prompt

 Continuing this years theme the challenge prompt for October has gone live here at Splitcoaststampers in the special forums set aside for Fan Club members to create a little every month and have less "to do" stress during that traditionally mad rush crafting season that happens before the holidays for a lot of people. On this month's sample I started with a sheet of double sided Bo Bunny press paper that had random snowflakes on one side and mostly solid with some script and collage elements on the flip side.



These skinny tags and star re-enforcers are from the Mama Elephant slim tags trio die set. I love this set, I have cut it so many times I have considered buying it again to be able to cut more of them at once. I was thinking in my mind of something corset like for a pattern with them. 

But, I did end up arranging them not in a straight line where they tied up and flipping the pieces around so that it was a little more like coordinated random. I kept thinking the whole time I was building the background that I would tie on a dangling snowflake and maybe a sentiment on that. something snarky about snow was the way my brain was going but, then I came across this bitty little snowman in the previously colored images pile and cut it out with scissors to fit on this other stitched tag diecut from the same doily/wood grain printed paper. It's hard to see but, after the tags were arranged I did add clear stickles glitter glue to the centers of all the snowflakes on this and the hat trim for the snowman also as the white gouache I added to that did not want to photograph. 

I am not sure who makes the snowflake charm but, that sentiment is from the Lili of the Valley Christmas sentiment tags set done with some Brown Acorn Versafine, cut with scissors and then has some DOX browns inked along the edges. That snowman is from Hampton Arts when they used to make Studio G dollar bin stamps. It was probably stamped with Versafine and it looks like it was water colored. The doily wood grain printed paper is probably MME but, was ripped out of a pad so not certain anymore and the base here is some of that brown kraft that looks like paper bag paper. This is A2 in real life. That's about it from me, thanks for stopping by. 



No comments: