9.20.2024

Inspired by {European Splendor}

 I came across this Christmas tree collar inside the European Splendor site that Denise has chosen for this weeks Inspiration place. And I knew I had this Unity Stamps Farm Fresh girl. I also have an older Papertrey ink set that has a similar type theme sign stamp in it but, its larger than the sentiments in the Unity set.

And once I had her stamped on some Hot Press Arches watercolor paper I knew that it was going to introduce more colors into the design than the simple colors of the store ad. This is first layers of Daniel Smith watercolors with some White gouache. 


I did stamp both sentiments from the set on a drop piece of the same watercolor paper so the colors would still work and then the Tree sign part I did run through this Memory Box arched die twice so I could trim it closer to the sentiment. 

I cut the largest pinpoint tag die with some grey woodgrain print and a second in plain white cardstock for the backside of the tag. I diecut the gal with an Impression Obsession Deckled frame die ( the largest one in the set) and the sign is up on foam pop dots here so that it had room for me to tape the vintage lace to the backside of it. The gal and the top tag have some Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink along those edges. I never did get around to adding more paint over that first layer but, I did add a slight amount of stardust gelly roll pen to bits in the tree, her hat and sweater band. I don't know anymore who made that rustic brown heart brad, but the Merry Christmas was cut with the same Poppy stamps mainstreet pinpoint tag in the smallest size as the base tag. I kept thinking maybe this would have been closer to just do the sign with some white, wood and greenery and did these little 3"X3" cards from scraps after the fact.


The sentiments were die cut with the smallest blanket stitched die in the Pinkfresh set and the woodgrain on the white one was cut with a deckle square from the set from Honeybee stamps. the bitty black brads are really old from Micheals. the outside frame of the white one was cut from the Stamp Market's shaker card dies (for 3X3 cards)  That's about it from me, if you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at SCS. Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: