9.10.2024

Watercoloring Loose flowers

 This week Linda is sharing this video seen here on YouTube doing loose wildflowers watercolors from Liesl's Art Studio. I loved the fact that there were blurry distance blooms in the scene and the variety of blooms in the foreground. So, I started with a piece of Arches cold press cut to 4 1/4 ish by 5 1/2" ish. and I knew there was no way to squeeze the scale of those blooms into something that would fit on a card front.

So, instead of trying to recreate her flowers I kept the idea of loose blooms with the variety of brighter colors moving across the paper. 

And I just kept adding to it, but I had to laugh at my self most of the flowers turned out to have the same shape.

And I just decided to keep going as I didn't have time to start over again. And then I decided it needed some splatters.


And I drug a wet brush through some of the splatters at the bottom to smoosh more of that brighter green around. This did not have a ton of water on it but, it did warp a little so, I decided to die cut it with a curved cap Memory box die and let it sit in the big shot pressing for a while.

The pink/brown ribbon tied around the bottom is from Martha Stewart (a long time ago) and the Happy Anniversary sentiment is from the Stampin' Up! teeny tiny wishes set. its tied onto the ribbon with some natural hemp string. The stripe printed paper is from Graphic45 and the distressed looking text print is unknown. The finished size of this one is 6" square in real life. If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at SCS. thanks for stopping by.





No comments: