9.11.2024

A Christmas Sketch

 This week the sketch challenge at SCS caught my eye and I came home early (rainy day) and I did not have to go out side and water so, I decided to give this challenge a try. 

I had hit print on the sketch at work before I left because, that is the only way I can get even close on a sketch challenge is to have it in front of me. I started with Stamping that Impression Obsession Wooden Door Frame with some Versafine Clair Artic blue ink on white neenah and then proceeded to add some Distress Oxide inks over that to age it. Antique Linen, Weathered wood, Evergreen bough & Vintage photo. I did cut that out with scissors and cut out the plain center of the door to make it a square frame. I used a grey fineliner pen to add a little bit of detailing to the hinges and door handle and then later when I was adding gold sparkle watercolor paint to the berries on the holly panel I added some gold to the center of the hinges and the handle also ( but, I think it mostly faded into all that ink) I actually used some papers right out of the pads for this so, I left them on the table so I could remember to say what they were. The young elf/deer image is a corner of a piece of the paper from the Prima pad and the faded plaid & Christmas collage prints were from the Hobby Lobby Vintage Christmas pad. The velvet ric rac is only glued to the top not wrapped around because, its kinda thick so. I did end up having to put the door panel on foam dots to raise it steady/flat over that. 

I didn't really see the flower part of that sketch, my brain seen it as a small circle on top with layers so, I dug in my little box of previously diecut tags and pulled out this white round one and that bitty red one ( an old SU one that came that way before people owned dies) the Believe metal tag is something from Tim Holtz and it has one of those gold goosebumps covering up the hole. I was so thrilled to see that lawn fawn came out with red hemp string. I may have to order another spool before I forget because, I can totally see my self using that All.the.time. :) That holly folder that was used on the old green WC scrap panel is from Sizzix Basic Grey powdered Sugar & snowglobe set ( I am not sure which folder is what name but, the other folder is a stripe) That's about it from me, thanks for stopping by.



No comments: