9.13.2024

Inspired by {House of Jade}

 This week Kia has chosen the House of Jade as the inspiration destination and I found this pin with the gingerbread cloche fairly quickly and made my self stop looking. ( its a deep rabbit hole this week) 


 I started with cutting this Tim Holtz Bell Jar with Pedestal die and (cut the base 3 times for thickness) and then the top with vellum cardstock once. ( I did tuck that lid into between the layers of the base pieces) and the kraft cardstock was inked with Vintage photo DOX and has some Dr. PH Martins bleed proof white streaked across it. 

I dug out every "house" gingerbread die I had along with cake stands and such, I really thought I might do a trio of things like the pin but, the scale just did not work. in that photo above the Large gingerbread house is an Hero Arts die. ( the MFT things one I own is even larger) that bitty one is actually a cookie also a Tim Holtz Sizzix die. 

So, then I decided that it needed something green to tuck with it as the house had a little too much white space around it and I grabbed this Honey Bee die Market cart Christmas add on knowing the tree on it would be scaled smaller than any of my actual "Christmas tree dies" know what I mean? the gingerbread house got some crystal stickles as did the tree branches along with some more Bleed proof white, I did let the paintbrush wiggle so it would give it a little more of that iced by hand look. 

The lace is vintage, the sentiment here is from the Lili of the Valley Christmas sentiment tags done on a scrap of watercolor paper and also inked with the same DOX. the bitty brad is from Recollections and this has foam dot's under it also. 


 The stripe textured bazzill was also inked with some vintage photo and the card base here is textured woodgrain from Ellen Hutson. This is actually A2 in real life and I think I am going to keep playing with this idea and do a few others. Maybe with Christmas trees and maybe more color. we'll see. That's about it from me, If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at SCS. Thanks for stopping by.





No comments: