9.24.2024

Watercoloring Simple Christmas Foliage

 This week Linda is sharing this video tutorial from Liesl's Artistic Studio Called everything you need to make endless Christmas card possibilities. I did watch the whole video and instead of doing card front's I decided to cut some Arches cold press watercolor into Tag shapes. (both of these dies are older ones from Papertreyink) 


I decided on the dot flowers with pine springs for the first tag and handily enough, it has a groove cut along the edge so that was easy to run the brush along with shimmery gold paint. 


Decided on berries, holly & pine sprigs for the second and added some gold paint to the faux stitch detailing along the edge. 

for the second square tag I decided to do the dot flowers again with holly berries and pine sprigs. and then I added some white Dr. PH Martins bleed proof white in some spots. 


When the third one was dry I did add some gold to the stitches and more (darker) green to the pine sprigs to it. I am not so sure what I want to do with these yet so, I have not added sentiments to them as of yet. I am considering cutting a few more tags. I did for the heck of it try the pine cone she had shown on some scratch paper some where between tags but, it did not look like hers. my best guess is she used a mostly dry/damp brush and then just had (thick) paint on only the tip of the brush. because, if you do a wet brush you will get solid color pressing like she does. but, I ran out of time to try that idea. I don't do well with the whole very little water thick paint thing so, its all good. I am pretty tickled with how these have turned out so far. If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers. That's about it from me, Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: