10.01.2024

Watercoloring an Autumn Still life

 This week Kia is sharing this still life painting idea from Harriet DeWinton seen here on YouTube. I did watch the whole video before I started painting and I totally intended to do some pastel type colors but, somehow I forgot what colors went where when I started to paint.

I did sketch this scene with an water soluble pencil, and you guessed it my acorns were absorbed by the paint when I started with the ground shadow like in the video. I did walk away at this point and let it dry.


So, this is the second layer of paint for the ground and first for all the things you see. This is Daniel Smith watercolors on some Artist Loft watercolor paper I picked up at Micheal's on Sunday because, it had this interesting texture to it. I  think it went mostly OK compared to strathmore paper but, it is not as easy to blend on as say Arches cotton paper. but, I kept going because, I thought it was not so bad. 

After adding more paints and the shadows to the still life I did cut this out with an Mama Elephant Deckled frame die. The base here is river rock and its finished out at A6 in real life. That's about it from me, if you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers. Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: