2.24.2021

WOYWW # 612 {loot, painting, etc}

 

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 
So, yesterday when I got home from work. ( isn't that great to have some daylight at that time of day again?)
Promptly made a cup of hazelnut coffee and topped it off with some spray whipped cream. just because.

a closer look at some eBay loot that arrived on Monday night and I had not finished admiring them ( or photographing them for the evernote file) so, after that was done these were just moved out of the way so I could start on a sample for this coming weeks IC. I am slowly collecting some of the stamps I wanted way back when, when I could not afford them. So, its kind of exciting to see that some of them are still for sale out there.
 
 But wait there's more ha ha. on Saturday I actually had an interesting desk for a while, I had watched the Wednesday watercolor challenge link to a painting watercolor mountains video ( the thread is here with the video here) and Saturday morning I tried to duplicate that from memory. ( which is always an iffy thing) I also grabbed brushes that were the size she used in the video, which were not my best fine tip round brushes so, I struggled with that. That particular pan of watercolors are Mission Gold ones. I also tried to use the colors she used which were not a normal choice for me. I also gave the first one ( card on the right below) some lifted paper towel "clouds" in the sky but, I lost too much of the orange-ish sky at the top of the gradient so, they are hardly seen.


The finished size of these is A7  and the sentiments were made possible by Saturday's happy mail from Club Scrap. they came out of the "Pacific Northwest" stamp set. It really took me by surprise when they moved over to clear stamps last year, I had one wine set from them that after all this time is still clear and holding up so, I felt confident about picking up some more of them.

The papers and ribbons pile is a Kit for making cards that are vintage Americana type themed and I did get the stamps for that too. ( I normally do not buy kits like this so, it surprised me when I kept going back to it while looking at the store) there are two sheets of printed things to cut up and a few sheets of solid colored card stocks, three sizes of envelopes and some glitter star stickers. not sure if I should cut up the printed sheets now. ( probably as I just may be more likely to use them if they were little pieces I could move around on a card front) and so, I just scooped the whole thing back into the box and it sits for now. So, that's about it from my corner of the internet, hope you all are doing well. & thanks for stopping by. Oh, I wanted to mention that my antivirus program is shutting down some of the blogs when I click on them. ( its not very many but, BJ's is one of them again today) so, I am not sure what it setting it off.


14 comments:

Lisa-Jane said...

Loving those mountains! And I also loved how you used them with the quotes stamped on them. My daughter is getting into watercolouring so I need to find some good but inexpensive brushes for her. I admire people who can make them work like you can. Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #14

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great card designs Stacy. I'm like you and don't normally buy complete kits but have done just that. Have a lovely week and happy woyww, Angela x19x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Love the graduated watercolour mountains, it’s not easy getting the fade out right. And I’m glad you put squirty cream on your coffee, it just needs to be done sometimes!
Hugs LLJ 5 xx

Helen said...

I agree that the mountains are fabulous! Enjoy the kit, too. Happy WOYWW Helen #10

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. I love those stamps you found - especially the bird one. Beautiful. Your watercolours are lovely - especially with the sentiments on them. have fun with the kit.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #9

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Hi Stacy, I too go back to look for older collections of stamps it's great when we find them at a fraction the price. It looks like you really embraced that watercolour class, beautiful outcome they look so pretty as cards. That sentiment works really well. I hope you continue, I find it extremely mindful to watercolour. Best wishes for a creative week ahead Hugs Tracey #4 x

Sarah Brennan said...

You are a busy bee Stacy. Well done on picking up some of the stamps you've been after on ebay. Love those watercolour scenes! Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #11

Janice M said...

Great ebay finds!! That Chickadee one has always caught my eye. Your watercoloring scenes are awesome Stacy!!

Crafting With Jack said...

Love your scenes and I do love that bird stamp. Have a great week Angela #31

Susan Renshaw said...

Beautiful mountain scenery!
Happy WOYWW! Susan #8

Julia Dunnit said...

Sorry I’m late Stacy. But wow, nothing wrong with your memory for watercolour classes! those mountains are just fantastic, what a fab pair of cars you made. Clever stuff, and the tissue lifting thing...doesn’t matter! Gosh you are such an all rounder. I know what you mean about the stamps you couldn’t afford, i occasionally do a similar thing. I also consider it my duty to rescue them before someone takes them off their wood mounts!!! I have a thing for Americana too, love the dulled colours and folksy styling, I’m going to follow your link and drool over a kit. Not for the first time I might add Miss Stacy!

Shoshi said...

Your watercolour mountains are beautiful, Stacy, and I love the sentiments you've chosen for them. I think sometimes it's a good thing to do things from memory rather than with the instructions in front of you because it often comes out more your own and less like a copy of what the teacher says! Anyway, your paintings are so atmospheric - a great piece of work.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #15

Dorlene Durham said...

Beautiful cards! Wow. And you might be an enabler because I’m gonna click to the sites you mentioned to take a peek! Sorry for the late visit Dorlene #33

Spyder said...

Love those stamps. I love putting Nuttella in my coffee or hot chocolate or a flake, although I haven't bought Nutella in it for well over a year...(because of the Palm Oil thing. Where do they get theirs from? I have no idea) hubby got it on a Tesco click and collect coz it was cheaper and he knew I hadn't bought it for ages...it stayed in the cupboARD for a week before I...succumbed... any way! lovely cards Stay Safe! Happy late WOYWW (Lyn))#6