2.07.2021

Paper Hugs

 So, this is a combination of challenges because, the first one had me thinking all week and then I finally got lucky and this week they announced that Jen Guarino would be the featured stamper destination, and I found this pretty card that I seen as a quilt rather than tiles. and then it was an Ah-Ha finally moment where everything just falls together and you can move forward. 

The week the teapot destination this week is for Cheryl 

And the theme for that was to do a tribe, native American thought with scripture and that just stopped everything in my brain to a total blank. but, I knew I wanted to do a card and I figured even if I didn't play along with the prompt, sending a card along was the main goal for me. So, as I said I seen the "quilt" in Jen's gallery and knew I had this embossing folder from Crafters Companion called Pretty Patchwork. So, I cut a piece of Strathmore watercolor paper to A7 and misted it with water and ran it through the big shot. I did loosely add some Distress Oxide inks to that (tattered rose, bundled sage, speckled egg, antique linen & dried marigold) after that was dry I added some stardust gelly roll pen to a few of the spots in the design for some slight sparkle.


While that panel was drying I found this Paper Market die ( paper hug) and cut the base layer from some Lasting Impressions Snickerdoodle paper and the top layer from some white cardstock. but, it really had not enough contrast when it was layered to the base so, after it was all glued together I added some Tumbled glass DOX on the white parts of the letters, and when that was dry I added some clear wink of stella on it. The lace here is vintage. And the base is Sundance Felt natural (that has some texture to it)

A peek at the inside the bottom panel is more of the lasting impressions cover sheet with some Accent Opaque white over that, both were cut with a lacy  layers dies from Waffle flower. The sentiments, ( the top thought and sending hugs on the bottom are from Neat & Tangled NO Words set, the my thoughts are with you line is from the Unity Stamps face the sunshine set, and the praying two in the center are from Our Daily Bread Designs, that is called Faith Card Sentiments. That's about it from me, thanks for stopping by.


No comments: