2.18.2021

WOYWW # 611 {late}

 

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 
So, I don't have anything on my desk and I spent a great deal of time yesterday trying to decide what was my best Shaz story to share with you all and I cannot decide. so, this morning I started poking around in a folder I have of things I have made this year and not blogged about and came across this card that I had made for my MIL when I borrowed her embossing folders a few weeks ago. the texture under the stamped panel is some Crepe paper I found at a Micheals crafts store. The heart here is from the Paper Rose you warm my heart set colored with pencils and the sentiment is from the Simon says stamp set home sweet home.


 My MIL has mad knitting and crocheting skills and it is her go-to thing indoors to work with fibers and she loves hearts. so, the story is that, its been years now but, she made me a few tiny crocheted flowers when she caught me buying some from a SU party to use on my projects. and I have used a few of them over the years but, a bunch of them are in a wide mouth vintage jar on the penny candy wall of things behind the table I stamp on. So, this has you know all the feels. And that is something that I frequently found my self doing when I would happen across something Shaz helped people with at SCS. If you didn't know that, she was very helpful in the forums and people there are missing her too. no surprise right. I would find my self agreeing with quite a few things she shared and it made me pay more attention to her posts when she did make them. She is also a big reason why I stuck around WOYWW for so long, the humor and warmth and kindness is very comforting you know, and its not easy to be the new kid on the block but, she never made me feel that way and was nearly always one of the first people to say Hey. and that really touched my heart. So, she will be missed by more people than her family knows. 
I hope you all are continuing to do well, Stay safe. I will be driving all day for work today, and they are predicting 6-12" of snow in the mountains I have to drive over to get the Ice so, it may be Friday before I start making the rounds. And since I have just bawled and not left any comments with the ones I have read I may not say much either. Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Diana Taylor said...

That's a fantastic card - I love the image and isn't it great when you find just the right image to suit the person! I also love the crepe paper background - an idea I might have to 'borrow' if you don't object!
Shaz will indeed be missed and just like it was for you, she was one of the reasons I stuck with WOYWW in the early days.
I hope you have a good week, stay safe and well,
Diana xx #22

Sarah Brennan said...

Such a beautiful card Stacy. Shaz touched such an incredibly wide group of people on and offline. Safe travels. Sarah #6

Julia Dunnit said...

Aw Stacy, now I’m doing a bit more crying too. I didn’t know about Shaz being on SCS although I can’t imagine why, she was a helpful member of many forums. I love the way you’ve coloured that heart, it’s beautiful. I hope your miles have been incident free this week, I don’t like driving in snow and ice so I do admire you. Take great care. Xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Shaz would love this gorgeous card and your words today have real feeling. Shaz will be much missed by us all but I feel when I visit her blog that she's still there and always will be. Take care, Angela xXx

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. That's a great card for a knitter. Well done. A lovely tribute to Shaz. A beautiful lady.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #29

Shoshi said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card, Stacy - I love the idea of the heart being the yarn wrapping around the love! You have coloured it beautifully, too - a really expert job with superb shading. How we will all miss Shaz! Everyone has a different story to tell and it's so heartwarming seeing all the tributes to her this week, even if most of them turned on the tears again.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #25

Helen said...

Sorry I am so late, was just checking I'd visited all the desks! I love that heart! Helen #2

Crafting With Jack said...

A late visit from me, that’s a very unusual heart and I have had phrases running through my thoughts. Such as “Signed sealed, delivered- I’m yours” and “ you warm my heart”. ;). Angela #21