1.31.2021

Sending Holiday Joy

 This week Gayle's gallery was the destination for the Featured Stamper challenge where I found this card That I loved so much. Now, also in the back of my mind has been the January prompt for the Christmas card challenge is a red bird. So... since there is still today to be in January. here you go.


I started by cutting a sheet of white card down to 5 1/2" square to make a change and kind of eyeballed the center for this Square leafy frame its either Memory Box or Poppy Stamps ( not certain) and it cuts the window shape. And then I cut the bird from some watercolor paper with a Sizzix holly bough die set. and colored it with some water based markers. the die is cut like what I suspect are East Coast Robin's and I colored it more like what I see in my yard where they are a darker grey color on the back and the red is farther down the chest and belly of the bird. there is a bit of Black glossy Nuvo drops on the eye. This is up on foam pop dots. now to make another change instead of exposed bricks through the window I picked up a piece of a previously made Dendritic background that was done with Acrylic paints (the how to link and other pieces can be seen in this blog post) I always make extra's when its something messy like this and set them aside for someday. on this particular one the white peeking through the paint was pretty stark so I ended up scribbling some pale blue marker on parts of that. The frame piece is up on foam pop dots over the background which gave me some room to wiggle in the sentiment between the layers. 


This sentiment is from the Simon Says Stamp CathyZ good cheer make merry set and its stamped on some speckletone pale blue cover sheet and cut with a SSS sentiment strip die. ( which I snipped off the ends after it was in place. There is also a bit of clear glitter sparkled Nuvo drops on the outside leaves and berry sprig parts of the frame. ( its really hard to see) and this was shot wet. I would probably never thought to take these things and create a holiday card with them but, I really love how this turned out. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: