1.27.2021

WOYWW #608 {tinkering}

 

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 
what it looks like on Wed AM. ( I have had zero time to finish these, the dog card just needs an envelope and the stuff put away, the snowman card needs more nuvo clear glaze on his right eye. ( it countersunk into the space where I embedded the black cardstock when dry) not all the way but, its not as tall as the left eye so, I was going to add some more to it.
 
This is before the eye has been added to. the snowman is a really old red original sizzix die and the background is a Tim Holtz engraved folder that has some espresso and speckled egg DOX inks on the watercolor paper. This was done jump started by the January Dirty Dozen Christmas card prompt found here.

now this was done jump started by this cool card in Deb Felts gallery as she is featured stamper this week, I loved the framing on hers. but, you have to make changes and I loved the background paper I picked so, I made a corner instead of a frame. There is speckled egg DOX on the edges of the papers that were distressed on this. I though it was a fun change from browns. (which I like brown but, this was fun, and it is harder to see ) Anyways, I did turn one of those backgrounds I showed you last week into a card and its in this catch up post along with some other things made this month that just never got blogged. I was able to get the first does of a Shingles Vaccination last week and that was a really uncomfortable one for me for about 24 hours and so, it was such a relief after the 36 hours had passed and I started to feel more normal again. my husband warned me it really bothered him and I rolled my eyes so, he is enjoying his told ya so moment. Hope you all are continuing to do well. Thanks for stopping by.

13 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh I really love the snowman made from music paper, so different but a great result! And the sentiment about the Old Dog made me smile, it’s so true!!
Hugs LLJ 4 xxx

Lisa-Jane said...

I'm a big fan of using music paper for projects so I do like that snowman! Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #10

Helen said...

FAB snowman!! great use of the music paper. Hope you have a creative week and finish your projects! Take care, stay safe. Helen#1

Karen said...

Two terrific cards ~ I like the little flower in the old dogs hat ~ too cute! I'm glad your feeling better, I've heard that shot can have side effects. Enjoy your week! Love, Karen#32

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

The cards are so sweet, love them. Pleased to hear you're feeling better too. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x18x

My name is Cindy said...

Great cards (love the snowman!) I am really making an effort to use my folders, I have loads of them!! Happy WOYWW, stay well, stay safe, Cindy xx #8

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad you are feeling better now after your shingles jab Stacy. Great cards, that snowmen is rather fabulous! Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Heather M said...

Hi Stacy, I bought quite a few old music scores - I've been wondering what to do with them, thanks for the inspiration! That old dog stamp and sentiment is good fun too! Sorry you didn't have a good reaction to your vaccination - it's never nice being jabbed! Thanks for stopping by - I have kept anything out of my mags that grabbed my attention, but I am determined the magazines are going - I need the space! Have a lovely week, hugs Heather xx #21

Caro said...

Loving both of these creations - such fun! Happy belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe, with love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#14)

Shoshi said...

Lovely cards. I love the musical snowman! I wonder what snowy song he is singing? Sorry you had a bad reaction to your shingles vaccination.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #24

Spyder said...

I love the musical snowman, and all his inking!I saw it in a sale after Christmas but it was sold out! I guess someone was selling off their old stock. There's a shingle jab? I had it years ago, no one mentioned a jab though! Hope you're well over it by now. Have a great crafty week. Stay Safe. Happy VERY Late WOYWW!? ((Lyn)) #17

Shoshi said...

Thanks for your return visit, Stacy. So glad you like the kitty square! I've made several more now. I know what you mean about struggling to eat enough of the rather bitter leafy greens. The smoothie bowls do help!

Shoshi #24

Crafting With Jack said...

Well I am blessed then, Jack is 14 now, he prefers not to wear hats though! He hides the moment I get a dog brush out, which is funny because he doesn’t need a lot of grooming, unlike the poodles the brush is intended for. I did mean to start a Christmas card habit in January. Alas have not done any! By the way do you have an old dog? Angela #15 Please excuse the late visit x