1.29.2021

Inspired by {Shindigz}

 This week Kelly is guesting on the Inspiration Challenge and we are taking a peek at the Shindigz site where I came across this party decoration display for a Cocoa themed party. I love the sweater prints on the chalkboard sign and the candy canes tied on the handles of the mugs, the mix of textures on the treats and plaids. And I knew I had picked up these die sets from the Ton last year that were waiting for a chance to make it out of the has not been played with yet basket.  One thing I should mention is this card is several shades of red and burgundy. and it was probably the most impossible color wise to shoot that I have tried in a good long while. worse than a white on white card from my standpoint. The base of this card is actually Simon Says Stamp school house red if you are familiar with how vibrant that red is in real life. The stripe print I think may be Basic grey and the whipped cream was cut from the smooth side of watercolor paper and the mat piece under it I had inked with some antique linen distress oxide ink but, it really didn't add the oomph I wanted to it so, I ended up adding some bisque ranger liquid pearls in those holes and it gave some color and shine to the creases, this panel is up on foam pop dots over the cup layer.

So, I loved that shot they have of the party table set up and I spent a lot of time messing around with red/green plaid prints trying all the papers I have on hand and discarding every single one of them. Which totally made me laugh at my self as I love plaids and I have a bunch to choose from so, it is still funny to me that the only green plaid here in the finished card is tying the bitty candy cane on the handle of the cup. ( that was a detail in the party staging shot I especially loved) would I do this? no, I love the idea of the theme of the party but, tying candy on the mug handles would not happen. This candy cane here is from the Ton's holiday coffee dies set ( its smaller than the one from the Christmas mug set) and there is a bit of clear stickles type nuvo glitter glue in the white space of the die cut. ( there is more of that on the snowflake sweater print on the mug.) This sentiment is from the Hero Arts Coffee cup tags set from a few years back. and is actually vibrant black in real life, that panel was cut with a memory box stitched rectangle die. This card ended up finishing out at 5 1/2" square in real life. You can find this challenge here at SCS to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.

 

No comments: