1.09.2021

And So it begins

 Every year it seems like I need just a few more Christmas cards than I have, or that I want to mail as from me. So, the making some for the stash and the booth has commenced already and this one below was done jump started by an Ornament (seen here) in last week's featured stampers Denise's gallery at SCS.


You always need at least two changes so, I switched mine to be a square card and used mostly stamps to create it instead of layers of dies. I also was able to play with some new to me toys too so, that made it a double win. The lots of square die set from Paper Rose, this is the largest die, it cuts the frame and the mat at the same one pass so, it was pretty easy to me to pop up the frame for interest. The foliage is all from the Tim Holtz forest floor set stamped with some Distress Oxide inks Pine needles, rustic wilderness & pine bough. there is some polychromos and prisma pencils on that. the one to the lower right has some gold nuvo drops on the berries part of the image. The Hero Arts antique poinsettia was stamped with some distress antique linen and also colored with pencils, there are apple green nuvo drops in the stamens and some clear wink of stella on the petals. This is also on foam pop dots at the same height as the frame. The sentiment came from The Simon says stamp inside Christmas greetings set. and this finished out at 6" square in real life. 

Now this was done because, I had been cleaning my table and found the plaid print die cut drop piece and the larger white snowflake laying together in the mess as I was putting things away and I thought, ( I know so many guys who wear those black and white buffalo plaid shirts that I thought it just may work and I knew that there was a challenge a while back to create colored snow, which I never stole time to do so, I ran this Simon Says stamp snowflake die that came in the January kit through the big shot with some burgundy card scrap and added an unknown brad for the center. that texture behind the plaid is some fancy paper from Micheal's Recollections line and this one is 5 1/2" square in real life. The sentiment was stamped a long time ago on a scrap cut with an Avery elle party tags die. (so, I don't remember which set it came from I tend to collect the type writer style font and tiny word sets) And so, two more have landed into the box for next year. I had signed up in the Christmas card challenge thread found here to do 4 a month, and I am sure that like usual I will do quite a few during the winter while its cold  and slack off during the summer. and that's OK. This months prompt is to do a Cardinal ( or a red bird card) so, that is on the mental list for soon. That's about it from me, thanks for stopping by.




1 comment:

Far North said...

Yes Stacy, what a classy start with these two cards! I like how you used the plaid. Your poinsettia stamp is stunning.