1.23.2021

A catch up post

 

The try a new technique challenge this week is  called floating elements as you raise up the diecut shape with the pieces on clear acetate sheet. so, when I was shooting mine I caught all the catch lights on the clear sheet and on the glaze I put on the heart on the flower pot here. That is a die from Penny Black called Plant our love. 

The Clean and Simple challenge this week was to stock your stash with what ever you wanted more of so, I started flipping through pads of printed papers looking for something with a scale small enough to use to paper piece this cardigan stamp from Unity Stamps that made me smile.  That center panel is raised up on foam pop dots here.

This was done for my mom's birthday earlier in the month, I loved the texture of this Crepe paper when I seen it and the Cup is from the Sizzix scoreboards 3-D set and I just cut one cup from it, not all the pieces. The love you is an Ali Edwards technique Tuesday die, the monogram is a stitched letter from MFT.

I had been spending some time earlier in the week adding inks and creams and pots of shimmer to backgrounds run through the Tim Holtz Engraved folder and so, When I seen that Anna's Mix challenge was to color something twice ( two layers of mediums) I decided that I could turn these backgrounds into simple cards easily enough. This one the panel was misted with water and run through the folder that had been inked with DOX walnut stain and then I added some inka gold & metallic rub ons over that with more distress Oxide inks. this one the sentiment is from Riley & Co. and the front of the card base has some score lines for framing on it.

This version the panel was embossed with kraft cardstock and inked with DOX Barn Door & Vintage photo inks, along with some Distress white paint, Metallic Rub ons & Inkagold. The Love is a an Mega sentiment from Altenew cut from some DCWV shimmer pink paper and the sentiment is from a pre printed sheet from Simon Says Stamp. the base of this one is some MFT vintage cream? confetti cream? (something, its speckled) and it finished out at A6 in real life. the crochet lace I think may be Making Memories.



No comments: