1.06.2021

woyww #605 {the real internet edition}

 

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW

It finally happened the splicer came and hooked up the router and wi-fi boxes at my house yesterday afternoon. I cannot tell you how much better this is :) We are currently looking for recommendations about streaming. the one I want to find is some service that does live tv. (like local news channels) and the other thought is, if you have any advice about DVR boxes and programing it to tape say the news when you are not home that would be really helpful too. 

Oh, and back to my desk. this was staged while the splicer was working yesterday. it really did look like this but, I kinda piled up the stuff on the left as it was more closer to the pile of other things left of it. but, I had some time on Sunday evening and I ran some printed papers and plain tags through various embossing folders not with any kind of a plan and then I started inking some of them. And I set them aside and made a Clean and Simple card on monday night ( seen below) and so, I really did push all this out of the way while the card was going on. 

The challenge was to use something new, and this gal is "new" to me she arrived late last week in the mail with some other goodies from the My Favorite Things sale they had around new years? maybe Christmas. It was when I was chopping up letters so, I ordered a couple more alphabets along with her. 

The stamps and word die in the top right corner were free gifts from them. I told my self I would resist the pure innocence line, and I have for a long long time, years in fact but, something about them this last year has really appealed to me and so they have followed me home too. ;) as you can seen I would never make through those no shop all year challenges. That's about it from me, I hope you are all continuing to do well. Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

Shoshi said...

I'm glad you've got your internet problems sorted out, Stacy. It's only when it goes wrong that we realise how much we depend on it. Lovely stamps and dies - you will have fun playing with those.

Thank you for your visit. I know what you mean about those demos of products. It's a lot of hype and they go too fast and you can't really get a flavour of what they do. I prefer to watch a more measured demo on YouTube from someone who already owns one, and is demo-ing it in their own kitchen. I'm not a puzzle person either - I can tell you that puzzle was quite a struggle but we managed in the end!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #18

Karen said...

Looks like you made some fun purchases ~ Your card turned out adorable. Great start on your tags too. I leave all the electronics up to hubby so I'm no help in that dept. Enjoy your week! Love, Karen #32

Helen said...

I can't help you with streaming, but glad you got your internet upgrade done! Great stash too. Helen #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

That is such a sweet card and the craft stuff looks like fun too. The stamps are so sweet. Take care and have a happy woyww, Angela x19x

Sarah Brennan said...

So glad that you are finally hooked up and things are running better online for you Stacy. I like Netflix even though it doesn't have live programmes as I can get live news and catch up news via the BBC iPlayer if I want to. Love those large letter dies! Happy New Year, stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Crafting With Jack said...

Such a relief to get the Internet sorted! Lovely little girl card, my favourite colours. Have a great week Angela #13

Caro said...

so glad your internet is now sorted. Love the card! Sorry I'm late. Wishing you a happy belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#10)

Heather M said...

Hi Stacy, sorry I'm late visiting. Glad you got your Internet sorted, but splicers, routers, tech stuff, I leave to Mr M with the greatest of pleasure. The CAS card is a cute stamp - I can see why you would be tempted! Have a lovely week, Heather xx #14

Neet said...

What a lovely stamp to use at this time of the year. A lovely card you are sharing with us.
As for the router and streaming I have not a clue - I leave all that to the other half, sorry.
Hugs, Neet xx

Spyder said...

I'd cry without my internet...well, years back I would have , no so much now. Lovely batch of goodies. My last buy were back numbers of magazine going a bit cheaper and with a 10% off, that was in december...oddly today they've told me my order has been dispatched...the same mags a month later...hope they haven't charged me again! Sorry i'm late...I do forget the days! I'm sure I've missed two already this week! Happy New Year! Happy WOYWW, and stay safe! But always keep Crafting!((Lyn)) #25