1.08.2021

Inspired by { Canadian Living}

 This week Kia has chosen Canadian Living as our Inspiration destination and I came across this decorated Christmas scene and loved the colors... So, keeping the trees against the blue in the back of my mind I started playing with this enchanted forest  3-d embossing folder from Crafter's Companion.


I was not entirely sure what I wanted to do and I first thought to do a blue night sky and you know make it an outdoors scene, maybe add some snow and critters so I grabbed a pile of size 8 shipping tags and I did center it thinking I was going to add the white and the sparkle as a sentiment in the clearing in between the trees but, then I decided it needed something more bold white and used this Simon Says Stamp Joyful die with PTI vellum cardstock and some smooth white Bazzill.
 ( the smooth bazzill letters have some clear wink of stella on it) 
The trees were inked with Distress Oxide pine needles & rustic wilderness inks and the sky colors are blueprint sketch & stormy sky, this was misted with water a bit too.

and the whole tag was sprayed with some tattered angels glimmer mist spray, on this photo you may see a hint of that. This is actually pretty sparkly in real life but, it was being camera shy. The smaller sentiment is a sticker from the Tim Holtz Christmas noel pack. I did then run a second piece of the experimental Accent Opaque 120# card stock through the folder again and using it as a mat behind the tag, I liked the subtle out of the box extension of the look. but, what I have noticed since I finished this is that it will need glue dots under the colored tag as its not you know lined up perfectly with the layer below it so there are gaps of air pockets where the layers of card stocks meet. I am pretty tickled with this and wish you could touch it in person too. ( even hubs is impressed )

This is not a standard any size card it finished out at 4" x 7" and will fit into an A7 envelope. probably a slimline #10 envelope too. This is the accent opaque #120 for the base, and it is very heavy its hard to get it to lay flat compared to a 110# cover sheet. I do like the smoothness of the paper. I have not tried to color on it, but I picked it up because, A) its fairly affordable compared to Neenah that I love.  I remember thinking if anything I could use it to die cut but, I think I will be buying a pack of the 80# for layers inside of colored card bases because, it is so much cheaper than the Neenah and it is smooth to the touch. I will try stamping and coloring on it soon. You can find this challenge here at SCS to play along with us, Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: