1.01.2021

Inspired by {fancy}

 This week Julie has pointed our attention towards the Fancy site online and their pinterest boards found here.

I always find my attention wanders to exposed brick when I come across it say in a store on the wall or something. ( I have never lived in a house with bricks) and so, I just love the textures of them. and this shot with the coffee art piece on the whitewashed bricks caught my eye in the store and this is what I did from that. I started with a piece of Papertrey ink grey card stock and I smooshed some golden molding paste through a honeybee salvaged bricks stencil. I did not really do anything fancy with this although I did try to not make it so perfect on the edges so that it could look like the bricks were exposed from the wall and I really only have that in one corner here as I cut the piece down.

And then I started poking around in my new to me coffee stuffs I had not played with as of yet so, I grabbed a sheet of watercolor paper and made a brown-ish background with some distress oxide inks, Espresso, walnut stain & vintage photo. I shot this afterdark and (I think the colors are a little off in the photo, because I was trying to adjust the exposure to show the woodgrain in the white base.) I cut one of the Lawn Fawn stitched mug dies from that. ( I have both the outside in stitched mug and the stitched mug frame dies and this uses both of the sets. the frame on the top was cut from a plain brown scrap and then I rubbed on some early espresso dox, and then used my finger to add some metallic rub-ons to give it more of a older patina look. I love this sentiment, its from the Casual Fridays stay strong set & it was heat embossed with some ranger super fine black on that dox background and since it was on watercolor paper it is not so perfect. That's OK in my mind as we are all ready for the "Okayer-ness" to start ASAP right? This card was shot at an angle to show you the depth as the frame cup is up on foam pop dots but, the sentiment really is straight through the window in real life. I had originally thought to keep this as a smaller card when I cut down the brick panel and then I decided it was too dark and found a sheet of some Gmund wood grain to make an A7 sized base for this. You can find this challenge here to play along with us. That's about if from me, Happy New Year! & Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: