1.17.2021

Bare Tree Sympathy

 This week's featured stamper is Debbie, who has a lot of really cool cards in her gallery and I kept coming back to this winter tree scene because, it is just a really brilliant design. I knew I had the central tree stamp so, to make changes I did mine on Printed papers and changed the colors a little bit, made the card a square view & also made the mat a printed paper instead of a solid border of cardstock.

A closer look at the tree line stamped with some Pumice stone ink directly on the basic grey printed paper. It's hard to see, so this shot has been tinkered with to show it a little better. the actual colors of the card are more like what you see below. There is also a bit of Prisma pencils along the tree trunks of the DOX treeline in the background too.

The tree line in the background and these sentiments are from the Unity Stamps set called no better words. and the words are just teeny tiny in real life. ( I cannot read them on the index sticker of the packaging but, fortunately the stamps are larger than the index) All the stamping on this basic grey panel was cut out with a Lawn Fawn X stitched square die, the larger mat with the text print was cut with a Waffle Flower lacy layers die. ( that also has some DOX pumice stone on the edge of it)


A peek at what is stamped on the inside. This one is 5 1/2" square in real life. I do have another version of these trees using a more blue shade of ink for the grey in the background and I will probably edit this post and stick the photo in this post when its finished.

This version was one of the first trial ones I stamped on white cardstock trying to decide which grey ink to pick. and this one looked decidedly blue to me and I liked it and it wasn't quite what I wanted but, I set it aside to try to play with later. Later ended up seeing some stormy sky, pumice stone & Hickory smoke distress Oxide inks rubbed into the sheet. The sentiment is from Impression Obsession and the printed woodgrain is from MME. This one finished out at 6" square and is blank inside. You can find this challenge with a link to Debbie's gallery here at SCS. Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: