12.31.2020

A Few Tags {how I spent Christmas Break}

 
So, having a 4 day weekend last week and having been feeling a little bored with the tags I found in the closet that have been being re-used I decided that since there were no looming deadlines of make this or make that right now going on, it was a good time to start a new pile of tags for next year. ( and I do not have a stash of C tags because, every time I do make one for Cortnie, I give it to her ha ha.) 


The large alphabets here are Altenew Mega Alphabet letters, they were cut twice on printed papers glued to blank cardstocks for some depth and stability. the just for you on the left is from a Sizzix tag set called tag with snowflakes. The No peeking tag is from Avery Elle. both of these tags the texture was done as Faux Patina. The Noel die is from Echo Park.

The tiny James tag was found in the bottom of the little basket that is holding these letter tags to be used and I decided to add it to this larger tag diecut that had been run through the bigshot with a embossing folder. The shipping tag has some Distress Oxide inks stamped direct on it with a Simon Says Stamp plaid making set and the letters in the name are from the Tim Holtz Alphanumetric set. The for you with love is from the Simon Says Stamp Joy for you set cut with a MFT jumbo fishtail banner die.


The C on the left is from the Pinkfresh Studio's Adore alphabet set, and the tag is from the Altenew Holiday tag set. The tag on the right is a re-habbed one. the largest snowflake was on a different tag, the shipping tag was sprayed with ink and the other layers of snowflakes came out of the bin of precut things and the letter is from the same Adore set. The sentiment is I think Tim Holtz on a Mama Elephant slim tag that I cut the end off with some pink shear deco scissors.



The tag on the left with the D that bird on the branch is Penny Black diecut called Perched. the tiny poinsettia came out of a spellbinders decorative frame set. The poinsettia ornament on the right is a Hero Arts die, they are both on Spellbinders "Shortie" tags, although I did trim the one on the left to make it more square. 


The embossing folder the two upright tags ( T&C ) is from Simon Says Stamp called Holiday Greenery. the skinny tags laying down are cut with a tag from the Sizzix Brenda Walton XL Library pocket die set. the round one in the center is something I cut with a Cricut when my mom first gave it to me, I cut pages of these round tags in this size and still have a stash of them. The sentiments here are all from that SSS joy for you set. 

The Ho Ho Ho here is an Impression Obsession die, the tiny poinsettias are from spellbinders and the larger one came pre made like that. The tiny snowflakes are also dies but, I lost track of which set they came out of.

The birdhouse one on the left was a tag that got re-habbed from the basket, the original version of that tag can be seen here. (scroll down a little bit) it really surprised me to see that post was from 7 years ago. Now the tag on the right is something I think really different for me, I did this one jump started by Ina's tag seen here. ( she is featured stamper this week at SCS)

I had this little snowman previously colored from when I received it as a gift from Unity stamps a long time ago its been waiting for an idea. The tree is from the reverse confetti set Holiday gnomes and was also previously colored and cut out just waiting. So, I cut the snowman out with some scissors and added some clear wink of stella to the banner he his holding and put foam pop dots behind him. the You'll never guess sentiment is from the Hero Arts Snarky Christmas messages set cut with a MFT stitched dome die, and the letter J is from the pinkfresh Adore alphabet set. And it is on a justrite tag that is really old. the main tag it self is from the Poppy stamps mainstreet pinpoint set and it was run through a tasteful textile folder from SU. 

Doing that, I had completely covered my table in bits and pieces and then hit the wall with the mess when things kept sliding off the piles to the floor and I spent hours cleaning up these left over things. but, the temptation is still there to make a few more maybe with different alphabet letter sizes. ( and preferably less mess ha ha) That's about it from me, thanks for stopping by.

No comments: