5.31.2020

VSN Mini Summer Playlist

 Misti has a challenge themed Tutti Fruity and I knew when I started water coloring this big and bold friendship cupcake from Colorado Craft co. that Sharon had a challenge about using two shades of blues. but, I decided somewhere along the way that this was going to be for the fruit suggestion because, I really cannot think of a fruity card I need right now. That was done on some strathmore watercolor paper and cut out with scissors. The sentiment on this is from Riley & co. This one finished out at 6" square.

 Now Kim has a sketch where there has to be 4 ( of the same) shapes in the corners between the layers of rectangles. and I knew I had this embossing folder that does not see much action and I dug it out ( which I did flip this sketch onto its side for the sentiment (Riley & Co.) to work better and. I started digging in a black embellishments box thinking I had something little that would work and came across these really old Pioneer photo corners. ( And I liked that just fine with those) but, I also found these Darice gems and thought why not.  I am thinking this sentiment calls for a little bling. This one is A7 in real life.

 This was done for Sharon's two shades of blues challenge, And I had received that speckled egg oxide ink in the mail last week so, I ended up adding in a green between the blues. ( the green is evergreen bough) and the bottom blue is peacock feathers. this was done on some textured sundance felt coversheet ( 80#) that I probably got too much water on it, ( its still being pressed flat) and continuing with the use things that have not been played with yet or much in my room I ended up adding this Tim Holtz pressed foliage image and the Foliage sentiment from Evelin T designs. This one is A2 in real life and one layer.

Lee has a challenge to do a rainbow or a card with all the colors of the rainbow on it, and doing a quick search in Evernote it spit out this set from Ellen Hutson called over it that I have never inked. So, I grabbed some zig clean brush markers and started applying them with an aqua brush hoping for a little bit of a pastel look. ( it kinda sorta watered down the colors but, this is still very bright in real life) I didn't have enough spaces to do all the colors so, I started doing the colors over the lines then later added some gelly roll stardust glitter gel pen on the lines. ( I might add some wink of stella to this later to make the whole rainbow glitter) this was cut with one of the squares inside the Waffle flower lacy layers set and that is up on foam pop dots over the base. the little note finished out at 4" square in real life. This is all 4 challenges from the Mini event and the full range of the rest of the challenges is supposed to happen in the end of June. That's about it from me, Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: