5.13.2020

WOYWW # 571 {piles}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW

 So, Julia tossed out the idea of doing a finish some project with a deadline of next week. and really about the only thing I want to be over with is un-mounting and re-organizing my stamps. So, with that thought in mind on Saturday afternoon I started ripping more off the blocks. and I ended up getting 24 sheets stamped and laminated so these photos are from Monday Am before I went to work.

 Stamps that had been mounted to cling foam and laminated sheets of images needing put away.
(the large boxes were how I stored them as wood mounted stamps Iris brand project cases)

 This is one drawer of a legal size ( width) of old metal file cabinet that has 4 drawers. and the idea I had was that the stamped sheets could fit into this standing up right. Good news, it works. ( those boxes are holding PSX botanical stamps still on wood blocks.

Stamps that need their sheets from the other shot put into the pockets and put away. and so, Monday when I came home I did do that and ended up ripping off enough stamps to fill another 17 sheets of cling foam. ( I have 3 more packs of 10 on order) (two will get delivered this week) and so, I am starting to feel "this" close on this adventure. The main thing is there are no stamps on wood in the closet anymore, or on the metal bakers rack all the stamps are either in project cases, waiting to be trimmed from the sheets and then there are 3 drawers with things waiting. will I finish this by next week? bwahahahaha no, but, I intend to make a much bigger dent.
when I ordered the third pack of foam sheets on Tuesday am from Amazon they informed me that I have hit my limit of buying this stuff. ( who knew there was a limit?) ha.

 So, the stamp blocks in the front here need photographed as they are not in the evernote file in the computer. ( that was done after this was shot) and all those sheets were picked up and moved to the now empty shelf in the closet. (which means things on the floor on in the closet will be moving up in life soon) ha ha.

the stamps up against the closet door are all needing ripped off the blocks. the pile of boxes to the right of that have some penny black animals that I just may keep on the blocks and need moved into the old style project cases as those are the newer versions that are too tall and do not look uniform in the drawers. ( not an issue there are piles of empty boxes on the other corner of this space)

and it felt like everywhere I looked was a mess so, I hit my limit for that and the table was cleared off so that I can continue with this project after I get some samples made ( hopefully today after work) its supposed to be raining off and on the next few days so the light is not so great. so we will see. at any rate a lot of progress has been made here. Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Wow Stacy, well done with your challenge. hope you manage to source some more Cling foam if Amazon won't let you have any more and you need some. Sounds like you will have a lot more storage space when this is done and the end is getting nearer. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #11.

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, I well remember taking almost all my woodmounts off! The only ones I have left on wood are really big stamps, but now I have a stamping platform, even those may go! Have a lovely week, Stay safe, Hugs, Shaz#10 X

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Wow, that's a big job you're doing sorting out the stamps - it'll be worth it when everything's neatly organised and you know where all your stuff is!
Hugs LLJ 9 xxx

Sue Jones said...

i feel so lazy now!! well done - all looks fab. Take care and stay safe Soojay #27

Helen said...

Well done on that job... I am like Julia, I love my wood mounted stamps, and couldn't bear to take them off the blocks.. but I know the space thing is a big problem! Have a good week.. stay safe.. Helen #1

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. WOW! I'm just needing to sit down and catch my breath after all that! Well done you - nearly there.
Take care. Stay safe. God bless.
Margaret #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh well done with the stamps, great job. I have several wood mounted stamps but they will have to stay that way for a while yet. Wishing you a lovely crafty woyww. Stay safe, Angela x16x

Caro said...

Wow! You are so organised. It must be so satisfying! Happy belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe, with love & God Bless, Caro xxx(#6)