5.15.2020

Inspired by { the wooden shoe tulip farm}

This week we are taking a look at the wooden shoe tulip farm online as visiting there in person is on my "bucket list" They have so many cool shots people have uploaded to their feed on facebook ( seen here this is my favorite) and a pinterest boards collection too. this card below was jump started from a pin on their creative ways to use tulips board and I cannot read the language of where this photo came from.

 

 I just loved all the whites and the softness of the colors the tulips have in the scene below, so I started out cutting lots of tulips and leaves from the Hero Arts water can and flowers die set from Strathmore watercolor paper. ( the Sizzix Tim Holtz potted set) was cut from the same paper. and I used mostly Zig clean brush markers with a couple of SU markers and an aqua brush to color the pieces. The tiny brads in the bands on the bucket are from recollections. for the floor of the scene I cut a skinny rectangle of the printed paper and then just stuck it in the paper trimmer trying for a corner. The sentiment is from the Hero Arts tulips set and was just done with some Versafine clair nocturn on the printed paper. I did spend a bunch of time thinking about adding some pussy willow stems and maybe a vertical sentiment where the candle stick is in the photo below but, I ended up really liking this one like this. and so the base is some gmund woodgrain cardstock and finished out at 5 1/2" square.

The source for this pin came from a blog that I cannot read the language it is posted in but, this link here goes to the source for this photograph as far as I know. ( you have to scroll down the page) You can find this challenge here at SCS to play along with us, Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: