5.22.2020

Inspired by {A Cottage in the City}

This week Amy has directed our attention to A Cottage in the city store online and I came across this apron seen below. I really love that, I have an apron that I never wear ( it reads don't make me poison your food) something I hauled home from New Orleans a long time ago because, it made me laugh. but, as much as I love seeing them I have managed to resist buying more real fabric ones even if I love how they look so, I do have a few of the old Karen Lockhart stamps of Apron images and this one ( seen below)

 I stamped it three times, the top layer is on some Authentique printed paper that I cut out with scissors and while I was looking at it, I cut the ruffled shoulders off on purpose trying to make it look more like the sample but, then when I got around to stamping it for the mat piece and the belt, pocket and neck tie I decided to leave them on, thinking it would fool your eye into not seeing the shoulders right off the bat. ( yeah, it was one of those things that sounded good on paper that didn't happen for me in real life either) :) The mat and card base is some Neenah earthstone cardstock and the mat was cut with a Tim Holtz stitched rectangle die, the seam binding lace is vintage. the sentiment was cut with some Hero Arts circle dies and is up on foam pop dots. ( I have spend the last few years unmounted sentiment stamps and I missed adding this one to the evernote file so, I do not know who makes it sorry)
This apron can be found here in their store. and you can find this challenge here to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: