5.08.2020

Inspired by {Lia Griffith}

Last week I was poking about in this weeks IC thread ( one of the perks of being a team member is knowing in advance the destination) I received a phone call from my oldest niece that her mama was in the hospital and I was really struck by how much I loved the simplicity of this butterfly wreath adoring the book shelves.
and thinking of Peggy and how much she likes to read I decided to adapt what I had seen to make this card below for her.

 Instead of a book shelf I ended up keeping the colors similar and using text printed paper ( bo bunny press boulevard print) to cut the sizzix floral wreath die #3 from. I added in some prima mulberry flowers and yellow stickles to their centers and the sentiment was stamped on a pale pink-ish/peach-ish scrap with a new Riley & Co. sentiment because, she has a sense of humor.
The butterflies were cut from acrylic paint covered card stock and has some recollections pearls on them. This did end up safe to post as I did hear from her earlier in the week while she recovers at home.
This butterfly wreath can be seen here in the Lia Griffith site and you can find this challenge here at SCS to play along with us, thanks for stopping by.

No comments: