5.01.2020

Inspired by {Canva}

 This weeks Inspiration hunting is taking place inside the Canva site and I came across this wedding invitation and loved every detail and it made me remember I picked up this Honey bee mother's day set last year and I really bought it for the large sentiment thinking these flowers were a little modern looking to me... and when I seen that wedding invitation I said ha, you could totally do them as Vintage Watercolors (tutorial found here) and rustic it up a little. and so I did.

 I did place the flowers in a Misti and then I had cut the watercolor paper into 3 5 1/2" square pieces and stamped one side then flipped the papers and flipped the top side into that same space to have this shape on each panel I colored. The center ended up being a tad too small to fit the large sentiment that comes in this set, so I started poking around in my room and came across this SSS set that had a skinny one and decided it would work. It's hard to see but this entire watercolor panel is up on foam tape over the Bazzill card base. This card is 6" square in real life.


 and with the second panel, I decided I liked one piece of the flower row better than the other, so the one that was the least favorite is the base here. ( they were both cut out with scissors) and I had made this cardbase a while back and discarded it and thought the colors were close enough to the watercolor paper to work here and after I cut out all the blooming flowers and popped them up on foam pop dots I decided this piece was too short for a 9" long card and grabbed the left over stems, leaves and berries and tucked them in with glue dots and thought this will work.

The sentiment here is a printed one from one of the simon says stamp reverse print sets. I am planning on tucking a few more micro glue dots into this one before it goes out in the mail and the congratulations will go on the inside of the card.

This wedding invitation sample can be seen here on their pinterest board. You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us.  That's about it from me, thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Susie Williams said...

Oh wow Chickie, what gorgeous cards and seriously amazing fussy cutting