5.20.2020

WOYWW #572 {Progress}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 
So last week I showed you a stack of 17 sheets of foam covered with stamps ripped off the blocks. ( I decided that would be my UFO for this weeks 11 YEARS anniversary of What's on your Wednesday Workdesk challenge post ) and Saturday I spent pretty much all day cutting them out. and I had stamped off two sheets ( which are half the size and said to my self you should take a photo of what that translates to cut up) so this is missing a few stamps but not many.

by Sunday Evening this was how many sheets were considered "done" and my usual is to put them away where they go by theme and then I said I wonder how many sheets this is going to be when its done so I left them in this container.

this is also Sunday evening these were all stamped and the sheets were laminated but, I did not get the stamps moved to the sheets and "done"

So basically this many stamps remained at the end of the day to come home to on Monday after work.
(and I had to stop stamping and chop up and round the corners on more half sheets for them) ( its just plain cheap 110# white card stock from a US chain store Joann's fabrics) so, its really toothy and not as smooth as Neenah and good enough for this project.

and this is Tuesday night after dinner. and the total ended up being all these sheets here ( the one on the top outside that stamp the foam did not want to come off of the rubber and hubs decided to help me and took it to the garage and used shoot not acetone something ( something horribly smelly) to remove that foam and its still fragrant and that sheet is headed back out of the space for a while. 

So, I am leaving you with that same drawer I showed you last week. this is mainly flower stamps, a few garden scene stamps but, the majority is flowers. the iris project cases in the front are PSX botanical stamps and the ones towards the back are garden things. Foods and Veggies and such.
The intention is to get the boxes writing cleaned off of them because I re-arranged things so many times and then get their forever labels on them. ( It really gets old to open these boxes box after box for an hour looking for something.) the fingers walking through a bin of sheets is making me much happier. That's about it from me, I hope you are all doing well. Thanks for stopping by.

17 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Wow Stacy you have done an amazing job in one week. The stamps take up a much smaller space and are easier to look through and find the ones you want. It may have taken a long time but it is so worth it. Well done. Stay safe and happy 11th WOYWW anniversary. Sarah #15

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Happy 11th Bloggyversary! It's so good to see what you've been getting up to with your UFOs, wow, you've done loads! Great organisation of your stamps, you'll be able to find stuff really easily from now on!
Hugs LLJ 4 xxx

Mariane said...

WOW, WOW and WOW !!! .. I never have seen this many stamps before. THAT is definitively amazing :D AND what a job to sort them and organize plus clean them? Super fantastic!!!


Thank you so much for sharing!

Happy WOYWW Anniversary
Mariane #25
http://art.cordes.re

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. Happy 11th anniversary - well, goodness me! That all leaves me quite breathless and exhausted! You have managed to do SO much this week. Well done on all the sorting - it will certainly help with finding the right item.
Take care. Stay safe. God bless.
Margaret #3

Helen said...

my goodness me!! that was a job well done (if you like that sort of thing) Happy 11th anniversary Helen #2

Diana Taylor said...

Goodness that was a job and a half - I bet it's a dream to find the stamp you want now! Such a good idea and such a great way to save space.
Have a good week and Happy WOYWW Anniversary,
Diana x #28

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh my gosh Stacy you are the most organised crafter I know, we all dream of being this organised. What an amazing job you have done, don't forget to give yourself a pat on the back, if only you lived closer id be asking for a hand with mine hee hee!
Happy 11th WoywW Anniversary take care Hugs Tracey #10 xx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, it does feel good when you get them finally done I agree. I know when I did mine I thought the job would never end. Yours look fab in their trays. Have a lovely week, Stay safe, Hugs, Shaz #12 XxxX

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

This is amazing, I am so impressed that you even started this, well done. Thanks for all your kind words and wishing you a very happy woyww 11th Anniversary. Big hugs, Angela x17x

My name is Cindy said...

Now that is an impressive achievement - not one I think I would even contemplate starting! Thanks for the earlier visit, Happy WOYWW Anniversary, stay safe, stay well, Cindy #26

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Happy 11th anniversary, Stacy. I have about 30 stamps now and most are wood mounted. I find I am better off when I have a mounted stamp. You have created a huge project and I am so incredibly impressed. It takes time in the beginning to get it right, but once you have it the way you want it, the time spent will be worth it in the end. Thanks for stopping by earlier. Happy WOYWW from #6.

Marit said...

Oh-My-Goodness... look at that amount of stamps you have! And what a project to get them all tidy and organized into those drawers, quite a job you did there last week, I'm impressed! Happy anniversary dear one, stay healty safe! Big hug from Holland. Marit #32

Neet said...

Want a trip over The Pond? I could just do with someone to come in and work like that on my stuff. Stacy you are a marvel to do all of that. That is sheer intensive labour to me. Well done, you deserve a thousand pats on the back for that mammoth UFO tackle!
I am in awe of the way you worked - I hope you are proud of your achievement.
Hugs (a gobsmacked) Neet 5 xx

Caro said...

Happy belated WOYWW Anniversary! I have finished my marking so can now comment on blogs. I just love what you have done with your stamps - so organised and easy to sort through now. Mine are a complete tip. Take care my friend and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#19)

Lillianb said...

Thats amazing work there you have been busy and wish mine were like that. I never know where to find the stamps I need lol

Take care and stay safe,

Lilian B #21

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Happy belated 11th WOYWW, dear Stacey, isn't IT amazing!? šŸ˜Š and so grateful to have your friendship through it!
And wiwsers look at your organisation! All that cutting was truly only the start of it!!
Well done, indeed, and kind of hubs to help!!
Thanks for sharing, and may God bless and keep you and all whom you love safe and well.
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz. X 7

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Julia Dunnit said...

Sorry I’m Late Stacy! wOwsers and whoa, you’ve done an amazing job, and that was a huge pile of stamps! My word just cutting them out of that foam must make your hands hurt. Am super impressed that you’ve endured, their organisation looks marvellous and makes total sense to me...the joy of letting your fingers just flip through the choices must be trebled by work satisfaction! You make me feel as if I should get off my butt and go and do something really constructive!