5.30.2020

Inspired by {Nail Art}

This week Kia has pointed our attention to a very pretty nail art board. and I thought to my self A2 sized cards are tiny haha, I cannot picture how small the brushes are that were being used to paint these fingernails. ( Amazing!)

The butterfly is from the recent Simon Says Stamp kit that arrived and is called Beautiful Butterflies.
I had seen the nail's below and remembered these stamps had come and decided to just go with that. It was stamped with some versafine clair nocturn ink on strathmore watercolor paper and colored with some kuretake gansai watercolors. This panel was diecut with a My Favorite Things stitched dome die. The background was done picking up some of the left over paints off the glass mat where I colored it. The same thing was done to the sentiment which I cut out with scissors and bumped up on some foam pop dots. The card base is a pre-made A2 one from Hobby Lobby.


 A closer look, the wings really are covered with clear wink of stella but, it did not want to photograph for me this time around.
I did smile a little when I made this post as I realized I went with a little more greens than blues as seen in the Inspiration shot I chose but, I really like how this turned out and just shrugged.

You can find these nails here on the pinterest board and this challenge here at SCS to play along with us, thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Janice M said...

You rocked that inspiration challenge!! And I love that dome shaped stitched die! You find the nicest dies and sentiments too!